Missing apps after W10 creators update

I just upgraded to the Windows 10 Fall creators update after the update I now have missing icons for some of my store apps they are completely gone from the start screen and if I search through Cortana they do not come up some of the icons on the task bar are missing however if I click on the missing icon blank area I get a highlight under mouse and the app launches all of the missing apps on the start screen do show up in the apps list when I go into settings so they are on the computer if I go to the store and search for the missing apps I get the prompt saying they are installed and when I click launch they will launch properly from within the store, but that is the only way.

Moved from: Windows/Windows 10/Install, upgrade, & activate

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2019 Views 22,780 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Open the Windows Store icon on your taskbar
Click the ellipsis in the top right corner of the screen (...)
Click My Library
Scroll through the list, then click the download button.

If doesn't help, let us know and we can explore more options. 
Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

That doesn't do anything because the apps are already on the computer I just cant access them unless I go to the store search for the app and then click the play button from within the store to launch the app. The apps are literally invisible to the computer through the start screen even though they are on the hard drive 

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Exactly the same problem here!!Stupid,stupid update...

26 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem here. Spoke to Microsoft support via online chat but they had no idea. In the end they suggested reverting back to previous version of windows to get them back. Apparently I have compatibility problems and apparently from the comments here
so do others. It would appear that the majority of the missing apps are the default apps including the mail and calendar and the store app. Come on Microsoft get your act together and stop sending out dodgy updates.

18 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

You could try reinstalling them using the following command

Open Start, type: powershell

Right click PowerShell 

Click Run as administrator

At the command prompt, type:

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Hit Enter

Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

11 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem as kevin. But I also realized that for some reason, after the upgrade, windows created a new user folder. I still have my old folder on users folder. But now I have a new user with my old name, but it added the system name to this new user.  For example, I have a folder named "luis", which has all the of the information from my old user as far as I can tell, but now I also have a folder name "luis.LAPTOP-XXXXXXXX" (it's not actually X's but I'm not sure I should be sharing that here so I just replaced it with the X's). And that new folder has a lot of information missing. I successfully recovered one program's configurations, by simply copying the information related to that specific program from "appdata" folder to the new user. But that's a program I'm familiar with and I'm not sure how to proceed with the other programs. Can I just copy all the data from the old user to the new user and that will make everything back to how it was, or will it give me problems because of the usernames being different?

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the your suggestion which I tried and got most of my apps back although there are still some missing including Store, Skype, MSN News, Business and Sport, Netflix. The only way I can find them is to do a search. I also have to find the store app in this way. Searching for the missing apps in the store shows them as installed but they don't show in the start menu. Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

Regard

Bill

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Have checked but don't see and additional users!

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same problem (though a couple of the built-in apps seemed to escape unscathed) and I ended up rolling back the update, so my computer is back to normal but I'm a bit frustrated. My other machine had no problems.

I don't have any mysterious extra accounts. I have noticed that if I run the Store Apps troubleshooter it says reports that the store cache may be damaged, but the Store appears to be working OK.

The only other data point I have to offer is that there seemed to be a driver issue with my CD/DVD drive (which I've used maybe twice in four years, so I'm not overly fussed about it), but it's hard to see how that would connect to the Store issue.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I have given up on the Windows 10 Creators Update as I don't want to spend anymore time trying to fix the issues that it has created. I have now reverted back to the previous version for my own sanity. I have contacted Microsoft Support and they did try to fix the problems remotely but in the end even they recommended reverting back to the earlier version until their "experts" can find a solution to my, and many others, so called compatibility problems. I await an email from Microsoft Support although I wont be holding my breath.  

11 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.