microsoft support windows 10

After four nights of Microsoft Support for Windows 10 upgrade with remote access they still have  not succeeded in installing it, What chance has the general public got if  Microsoft can not do it.

Discussion Info

Last updated November 16, 2018 Views 6,204 Applies to:

Windows 10 has been activated on more than 100 million computers thus far, so apparently there are people who know how to do it.

My suggestions to you:

1- Restore your computer with a backup you made before you upgraded.

2- Before you try Windows 10 again, take advantage of the enormous information on the web about installing Windows 10. I can't tell you how much I learned by doing research on the web and I credit that for enabling me to install Windows 10 correctly on my first try.

3- If you're not technically inclined, ask someone who is technically inclined to help you. Upgrading an operating system isn't a stroll in the park; it's a high tech maneuver that requires knowledge and preparation.

Hiya Dave-

If confident your hardware is modern enough to meet  the Windows 10 Specifications  including unsupported feature deprecation, then you can bypass Get Windows 10 app in the System Tray to Install  Windows 10 using the media creation tool - Windows Help.  This is working to overcome almost all issues with GWX app in the System Tray.  

Install the tool, tick the checkbox in first option to automate the process, or select "For another PC" to create bootable flash media or download an ISO to burn to DVD with Windows Image Burner.  Now you have media for reinstalls or needed repairs.  But to run the Upgrade the media must be opened in Windows 7/8.1, then right click Setup file to Run as Administrator. 

If asked do not insert a Product Key at any time, just click Skip or Next. 

If you want to really maximize chances for a successful Upgrade, then choose to Save Nothing so the Upgrade has much less to choke on.  Make sure your files are backed up separately and you have your program installers and any Product Keys for programs like Office

To improve the Upgrade's chances turn off everything at Startup:

In Windows 7, type msconfig in Start Search Box, uncheck everything on Startup and Services tabs, but only after ticking the box in Services to after “Hide all MS Services”. Then click Apply, restart PC when prompted.

In Windows 8.1, right click Task Bar to open Task Manager, disable everything in Startup Tab, Apply, Reboot.

Uninstall any anti-virus except Defender.  Bloated AV's like Norton, MacAfee, AVG and Avast need to have special Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software - ESET Knowledgebase.

Stick with built-in Defender in Windows 10 for best performance and adequate protection.  If you get infected add the inexpensive Real Time protection from the best-in-class free malware scanner Malwarebytes. No one I’ve had do this has ever been infected again.  I'd also periodically scan with Malwarebytes,  SUPERAntiSpyware or the more powerful AdwCleanerscanners, also best-in-class and free.

It’s highly recommended to Create a backup System Imageof your existing OS before upgrading, which can be recovered using the booted Windows installation media, Repair CDor Recovery flash drivein 20 minutes.   Type Backup in Start Search box, in Backup and Recovery Center choose Create a System Image.  You can also use a more flexible imaging program like free Macrium Imagingwhich allows recovery to any partition position on the hard drive.

Immediately after install, type Update in Start Search box to Check for Updates, expedite these through requested restart, then check again until no more are offered. 

Next right click Start button to open Device Manager, import any drivers still missing from the PC or Device's Support Downloads webpage.  How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10 - Microsoft Community

Feel free to ask back any questions and keep us posted on how it goes.

----------------------------------
I am a volunteer and not Microsoft.

Approaching 100,000 helped in forums. I don't quit for those who are polite and cooperative.

Windows MVP 2010-19, Moderator

Microsoft tech team cant even get it to install. Never had any problems upgrading before its not hard at all

Microsoft tech team have tried all that and have given up over the last 4 nights on remote access

If you'd like to complete the steps we will understand better the cause of any failure.  Those steps overcome most failures of the GWX app. 

MS Support agents work from scripts that may be dated without the real time solutions.  The Community has volunteers who are experts in their field, as well as others who have seen the problem resolved in real time. 

We are seeing your same problem resolved here every day, starting with those steps.  Please report back the exact results of each step. 

----------------------------------
I am a volunteer and not Microsoft.

Approaching 100,000 helped in forums. I don't quit for those who are polite and cooperative.

Windows MVP 2010-19, Moderator
Disagree! Installation of a new product, upgrade or upkeep, help with problems is , in this  case, is a Microsoft responsibility as a consumer of their product [W10] I expect them to come thru not for me to spend time issue. If Microsoft can't do it, then perhaps, they should follow your instructions.
system nie widzi stacji CD/DVD