UPDATED 11/24: Looks like Version 1511 Fall Update has been pulled from Downloads

Edit:  11/24 -  Version 1511 Fall Update has been returned to Media Creation Tool.

Microsoft reverses course, restores downloads of Windows 10 November Update | ZDNet

Today responding to a report here that Media Creation Tool now has a line added to the Downloads page "These downloads cannot be used to update Windows 10 PCs to the November update (Version 1511)" I inquired via MVP Communications Channel and just learned that the Fall Update v.1511 ISO has apparently been replaced with original Release Version 

This may have to do with a glitch also reported here on Monday that on Clean Installs that media was reading embedded Windows 8 keys to only activate the embedded version, even on PC's that also had a Digital Entitlement to Pro version.  Since the version menu was then hidden, there was no way to install Professional without a workaround that was posted later in the week by MS in the thread here:  How to upgrade 1511 from Home to Pro? - Microsoft Community

Since there is no response from the Windows 10 Team yet we assume they are scrambling to resolve issues with Entitlement activation which unfortunately was the only feature not able to be tested (or Stress Tested, as August proved) by the 5 million Insider previewers, who used keys. 

We are hoping they get back to us soon so we know what to advise users.  Meanwhile watch for the Fall Update 1511 via Windows Update if you are waiting to Activate Upgrade with the Windows 7, 8 or 8.1  Product Key, which is an expensive feature MS added in 1511 to try to help ease the situation. 

Discussion Info

Last updated January 4, 2019 Views 5,451 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Thanks for the update Greg.
Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Hey Andre. I can only imagine how many WikI's you'll need to edit.

By not briefing us this allowed misinformation to go out based on what we'd previously been told.

MVP Yammer Products group is erupting today . We need your wise and respected voice there! 

----------------------------------
I am a volunteer and not Microsoft.

Over 100,000 helped in forums for 10 years. I don't quit for those who are polite and cooperative.

Windows MVP 2010-19

Here is the official statement regarding this:

The November update was originally available via the MCT (Media Creation Tool), but the company decided that future installs should be through Windows Update. People can still download Windows 10 [Build 10240] using the MCT tool if they wish. The November update will be delivered via Windows Update.

Microsoft has not pulled the Windows 10 November 10 update. The company is rolling out the November update over time – if you don’t see it in Windows Update, you will see it soon.

Sumit
Windows Insider MVP 2018-2020 and Volunteer Moderator

Today responding to a report here that Media Creation Tool now has a line added to the Downloads page "These downloads cannot be used to update Windows 10 PCs to the November update (Version 1511)" I inquired via MVP Communications Channel and just learned that the Fall Update v.1511 has apparently been taken down and replaced with original Release Version 

Thanks Greg!!!

Hiya Greg!  Lots of Yammer.

Over 100,000 helped in forums for 10 years. I don't quit for those who are polite and cooperative.

Windows MVP 2010-19

Here is the official statement regarding this:

The November update was originally available via the MCT (Media Creation Tool), but the company decided that future installs should be through Windows Update. People can still download Windows 10 [Build 10240] using the MCT tool if they wish. The November update will be delivered via Windows Update.

Microsoft has not pulled the Windows 10 November 10 update. The company is rolling out the November update over time – if you don’t see it in Windows Update, you will see it soon.

Source (not winbeta.org), please?

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
Microsoft MVP (Windows Client) since October 2002
Gracias Greg.
Zorte on ! - Colaborador ad honorem et pro bono
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP
Twitter: @alezmvp

Considering all the problems people have getting version 1511 installed thru Windows Update, and the almost all the answers to the problems are to do the upgrade from getting the download via the Media Creation Tool, this pretty much removes the only way for those to install the upgrade.

Another thing that's good about having the MCT to access the upgrade is that in cases of the Windows Update screws up the system, there is a way to install the system from scratch, directly to the "upgrade to" version - this is also a way to verify, if run into trouble updating/upgrading, that if a direct install method works.  This helps my case with the 1511 upgrade to confirm that 1511 upgrade breaks some part of the HID touch screen by doing upgrade from 10240 and install directly with 1511 MCT USB - both behave the same problem.

Considering all the problems people have getting version 1511 installed thru Windows Update, and the almost all the answers to the problems are to do the upgrade from getting the download via the Media Creation Tool, this pretty much removes the only way for those to install the upgrade.

Another thing that's good about having the MCT to access the upgrade is that in cases of the Windows Update screws up the system, there is a way to install the system from scratch, directly to the "upgrade to" version - this is also a way to verify, if run into trouble updating/upgrading, that if a direct install method works.  This helps my case with the 1511 upgrade to confirm that 1511 upgrade breaks some part of the HID touch screen by doing upgrade from 10240 and install directly with 1511 MCT USB - both behave the same problem.

The Windows Update delivery is being staggered intentionally as they must push it out to several hundred million users, so just continue to wait and it will arrive. 

Unless you are waiting to activate directly with the old OS key with that new feature, there isn't anything to get desperate over. 

Windows MVP 2010-19

The Windows Update delivery is being staggered intentionally as they must push it out to several hundred million users, so just continue to wait and it will arrive. 

Unless you are waiting to activate directly with the old OS key with that new feature, there isn't anything to get desperate over. 

I'm not talking about the people who haven't gotten the upgrades but the ones who ran/run into the installation problems.  Just like I said, almost all the answers are use the MCT, and that's not an option anymore.