Kaspersky and Windows Preview build

I am running build 14271 and I am unable to get Kaspersky Total Security to load.

I have been checking with Kaspersky, but they say it is a Microsoft problem.

Can anyone help me with this as I would like to have the security again.

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated January 1, 2018 Views 272 Applies to:
Answer

You are using a development build of Windows 10, Kaspersky is not the only AV or app it will break. The code is going under major refactoring write now, so it will break old apps.

This is true of even older versions of Windows, the only difference is programs like the Windows 10 Insider Preview were behind the scenes and limited to a small group of beta testers. These days, persons are running preview builds in production environments which is the wrong approach.

Kaspersky developers right now might be experiencing the same issue as you do and are working on fixing it, but they are not going to do so far every Insider Build of Windows 10 because of the rapid release of updated builds which will be more significant with Redstone.

You likely won't see a fully supported version of Kaspersky until Redstone reaches general availability, which is in the second half of this year. That's if you don't like it, its best you stick with a fully supported stable build such as the Windows 10 November Update.

Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
I find this ridiculous that Microsoft chose to force update customers through a very sneaky and shady practice.  Now Kaspersky won't work and I just paid for another year to autorenew.  So what I am hearing is that I can't use it, unless I BUY a commercial version of Windows 10?  Is this correct?  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.