in place upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7

I want to try a in place upgrade to windows 10 but I can't find the info I need as to how to do it.  Now I found some sites that have pictures and what they show doesn't show up on my install, whether it's from the flash drive or iso.  Now I download all new files a few weeks ago so don't tell me to go somewhere and download more, I doubt they changed since 4-5 weeks ago.  Now as for the pictures, mine skips the section that asks you what to keep, below is what I see on how to do sites, but it doesn't come up on mine, I actually watched it skip by to the next screen.  Any help as to how to do an in place upgrade would be nice, and I don't want to do the clean install right now, so don't mention that, I have all the info on that saved.

The pictures in your reply is how an in place upgrade is carried out.

In place upgrade means, your previous version of Windows is archived, while your installed apps, personal files and Windows settings are preserved.

Best,
Andre
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

The pictures in your reply is how an in place upgrade is carried out.

In place upgrade means, your previous version of Windows is archived, while your installed apps, personal files and Windows settings are preserved.

Yes I realize that, that's what I want to do but I need the info how to do it cause I must be doing it wrong to get the pictures different than what is showing.

Debbie

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 8, 2023 Views 1,645 Applies to: