How to download and install windows 10 version 2004

Hello friends,

this might be a very amateur question but I want to avoid losing all files and more time so here goes:

I need windows version 2004 for a certain program to work. I just upgraded to 20H2 and realized that is the wrong one. On the microsoft website I didn't get to choose the version I wanted. Now I need to manually download the 2004 version but I'm stuck even finding it. And I heard that files can't be automatically saved if you're going to an older version than the one currently used. 
Basically I just need a tutorial on how to get from 20H2 to 2004. 
If there is a thread on that then please refer me to it. 

Thank you!
|
Hi and thanks for reaching out. My name is William. I'm a Microsoft Windows Certified Professional and Systems Administrator. I'll be happy to help you out today.

Microsoft does not make older feature updates available for public download. You will need to use a utility like Rufus to download the 2004 ISO. This link contains details (although it eludes to 1909, the same steps still apply): https://pureinfotech.com/download-windows-10-19...

That said, 20H2 is not considered a major update from 2004. Have you confirmed that 20H2 can run the program in question?

-----------------

Disclaimer - The above link is not a Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi William,

Thanks for the swift response. 

I have confirmed with the developers that the software I want to use only works with the 2004 version of windows10. 

The link you have sent is indeed very helpful. If I follow the steps, can I be assured that my files will not be deleted? 

Regards

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No, you cannot perform a downgrade to 2004 without doing a fresh install. You will need t backup your personal files if you choose to go this route.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you have not cleaned it out copy the Download folder to another drive or to a USB flash drive and use it to install the downloaded programs rather than wandering all over the Internet to find those programs.
-----------
If this answers your question - Then mark it so. Then others may find it.
---------------
Around computers
since 1952
lacrumb

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Is it possible for me to  just revert back to my previous version of windows and then just download an iso file for the 2004 version? This way I wouldn't need to back everything up, right?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Looking at my different computers I find that Version 2004 is on my Insider laptop.  That seem that you would have to be an Insider to get Version 2004.
-----------
If this answers your question - Then mark it so. Then others may find it.
---------------
Around computers
since 1952
lacrumb

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Actually, you may be able to revert to 2004. This depends on if the "old" install still exists. Check for C:\Windows.old folder. If it exists, go to Start > Settings > Updates & Security > Recovery > check if "Go back to Windows 10..." exists.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

In case you are not aware, 20H2 is still 2004 with some feature updates.  Normally when they say you need a certain version, they mean at least a certain version and builds later should also work.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

my computer windows 10 2004 20h2 not update

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hallo Freunde

dies könnte eine sehr Amateur-Frage sein, aber ich möchte vermeiden, dass alle Dateien und mehr Zeit so hier geht:

Ich benötige Windows-Version 2004, damit ein bestimmtes Programm funktioniert. Ich habe gerade auf 20H2 aufgerüstet und festgestellt, dass das der falsche ist. Auf der Microsoft-Website habe ich nicht die gewünschte Version auswählen können. Jetzt muss ich die Version 2004 manuell herunterladen, aber ich bin festgefahren, sogar sie zu finden. Und ich habe gehört, dass Dateien nicht automatisch gespeichert werden können, wenn Sie zu einer älteren Version als der derzeit verwendeten gehen.
Grundsätzlich benötige ich nur ein Tutorial, wie man von 20H2 bis 2004 zu bekommen.
Wenn es einen Faden darauf gibt, dann verweisen Sie mich bitte darauf.

Vielen Dank!
Ich

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2021 Views 6,563 Applies to: