This Forum Article explains how to perform a clean install of Windows 10 on a PC that has already been upgraded to Windows 10 previously or if you have purchased Windows 10. If you have purchased Windows 10 with a Product Key, please have the Product Key handy as you will need to use it during the installation.
Before you start:
- Make sure that you have backups of all data from the PC as the clean installation will remove all files from the PC.
- Unplug all external peripherals except for the Mouse, Keyboard, and LAN cable before starting.
1. Prepare installation media (a DVD or USB flash drive)
If you have not created installation media, this Forum Article explains how to create the media.
2. Insert the installation media and boot from the installation media. Booting from a DVD or USB flash drive may vary between Devices and Manufacturers. Confirm with your PC manufacturer the steps necessary to enter BIOS and set the Boot order.
Here are some examples:
- DELL (Press F2): http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln143038/access-uefi--bios--system-setup-from-windows?lang=en
- HP (Press F10 or F1): https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07110
- Lenovo (Press F1): https://support.lenovo.com/jp/en/solutions/ht500222
- Toshiba (Press F2 or F12): http://support.toshiba.com/support/viewContentDetail?contentId=4009232
3. Watch the video below to perform a Clean installation.