How Do I FIX Windows 10 Install Error "C1900101-20003"?

Today I've made 3 attempts to upgrade my OS to Windows 10 (Currently 8.1)

Each attempt has resulted in failure. The update will download, the install will prepare, my computer will restart after windows configures, and my monitor connected via HDMI will say there in no signal. Nothing I press during this time will do anything; I've also attempted unplugging and replugging the HDMI cable with no luck.

I restart my computer and it recovers Windows 8.1, Windows Update then tells me the update failed Error(s) found: C1900101-20003

The problem doesn't lie with the HDMI cable, it works, but it is not recieving a signal after my system reboots after failing to install Windows 10. I don't have any other video cables to test, so I need it to work with this.

Is it possible that the Windows 10 install is lacking some video drivers? I have never encountered a problem like this with installing/updating an OS.

If anyone else has this problem or knows how to fix it please let me know. All help is appreciated.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Same issue has been persist for me thrice ...

54 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same error code when trying to upgrade from 7.1. On four occasions now.

When W10 upgrade downloads and states ready to install, the computer closes down and reboots to install W10. The large circle with the %age populates in blue and it gets to 10-14% during the copying files stage where that gave 30-40% when the computer closes down completely with no warning.

The booting of the computer returns the OS to 7.1.

The Windows icon in the app bar, when you right click it to go to check your update status takes you to that box that states W10 is ready to install, etc. Will it tell you that if it is not ready to install? Does Microsoft send an email to tell you that W10 is ready to install, or do you have to check the icon periodically?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have exactly the same problem but not using HDMI.  My computer is Windows 8.1 HP Pavilion 23, and I have tried to update to windows 10 four times.  Each time after an hour or so of what seems to be normal update procedure, my machine is turned off.  When I power back on I receive message that my previous operating system is being restored (and that works).  Then a window appears with error C1900101-20003.  Here is a link to the error window image:  http://1drv.ms/1T0JuOd

Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same error code (C1900101-20003) upgrading a laptop from Windows 7 SP1

First, you can save yourself a lot of time if the first time you attempt the upgrade you choose the option to create media from which to upgrade another PC - by creating the media (DVD or USB) you don't have to download the 3GB installation again for each new attempt.

It's worth checking the Windows Update history after a failure and restoration of the original OS to see if that offers any clues to what went wrong. Unfortunately the links to information about the above error code were pretty much worthless, but I did notice that my failure was related to "INSTALL_UPDATES", or something similar (sorry, I wasn't taking notes or screen shots).

So, at my third or fourth attempt, I disabled the option to download updates during installation - you can run Windows Update after the upgrade so although the option is "recommended" during the upgrade, it's not critical.

Also, before starting the upgrade, I disconnected from my network and turned off Wireless, to ensure a completely off-line upgrade from the previously downloaded media on my USB stick.

One or both of those changes has done the trick and I'm reporting this from my freshly upgraded Windows 10 laptop - this was an upgrade over the top of Windows 7 so all my programs (call them "Apps" if you prefer) and files have been preserved, and so far all I've tried are running OK.

I can't say whether I just got lucky or this is a general solution, but if like me this was one of the few threads you could find relating to this specific error code (C1900101-20003) then the above may be worth a shot for you too.

Good luck.

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

isnt there anyone will help us? pls somebody inform us

Sorry this didn't help.

dear friends l have solved problem. machiene is turned off because of heat. Machine's heat rises up much more and it needs to defence itself and then turn itself off.l realised it then when l started to upgradeting,l kept my laptop cool it took 50 min to upgrade.l hope it will help you

Sorry this didn't help.

I decided to not update quite yet. When I do, perhaps a fresh install from USB will work much better. I just need a way to back up all my files first.

Sorry this didn't help.

I found the same solution. If you are using a laptop computer then hopefully the following will be useful.

I had an identical problem with a Toshiba Satellite laptop i.e. machine would power itself down during the installation phase and then my previous Windows 7 OS would be restored when the machine was powered back up.

After reading MANY different potential solutions my problem ended up simply being that the machine was overheating presumably due to the high disk / processor tasks during installation.

After failing to upgrade 4 times I simply placed my laptop in a position where I could have a cheap fan blow cool air to the underside of my laptop during the entire installation phase. I did not make any other changes to the installation process that had failed the previous times.

The Windows 10 upgrade finally completed successfully without any additional problems.

I hope this helps some of you out there.

Regards,
Chris

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the exact same issue. However, after reading through this thread, I tried just blasting a fan at my laptop and propping it up so that the bottom of it got cool air. This seemed to be the solution for me, so I would suggest that you try it as well. Windows 10 literally just finished downloading like 10 minutes ago for me.

-Matt

Sorry this didn't help.

After five days of failures trying to upgrade Toshiba Satellite from 8.1, elevating laptop and blowing air from fan worked like a charm. Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 27, 2020 Views 14,279 Applies to: