Failed on install another language pack

Hi there

This is Bob and have problem with the system language

I get a new laptop which installed windows 10 automatically, then I want to change the system default language(English as default now), I ADD a language (like Chinese and Japanese) from Settings>Time and Language>Region and Language>Add a language, I want to set Chinese as default and click the options, starting download ,at the bar shows "installing" it failed at last, then nothing happen, no alert tell me is that which part is wrong. 

Then I use control panel ,going Clock,Language. and Regions>Language ,there is a Chinese and Japanese and English on my preference page, very well, I click on "Option" which behind the Chinese,  on "Windows display language" i find a link which is DOWNLOAD and install language pack, i click that and wait but it failed, it says "The following updates were not installed "Chinese Simplified Language Pack - Windows Technical Preview for x64-based Systems - (KB3146014) [zh-CN_LP]"".

Now i can type Chinese and Japanese and English but the display language is still English.

Really need someone help

Answer
Answer

Hi, 

I found another solution and it's working for me.

The reason is Window Firewall ( not only the problem with language pack, but also with Window Updates)

This is how to fix : 

1. Start Window Firewall in Services : 

- Run \ services.msc  -> Properties in "Window firewall" -> Change to "Automatic" and "Start".

2. Click to download and install language pack again. 

Done! 

Hope it can help ! 

23 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 28, 2020 Views 24,614 Applies to: