Error Code : 0x8007025D shown while trying to clean install windows 10

My dell inspiron 15-3521 was windows 8 when i bought. Since then i was upgrading my wndows to 8.1 then to 10. After successfully upgrading it to windows 10, i wanted to do a clean installation. By following the guide shown in microsoft website, i downlaoded the media creation tool and made a usb bootable pendrive with same version of OS(windows 10 home single language 64bit). But during the installation process an error was shown just after 8% completion of 'preparing for windows installation'. The error is "Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x8007025D" Can any one please tell me to fix this issue?
Thank you in advance.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you receive an error when trying to perform a clean installation. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

Please be informed that this issue may arise when the installation disk gets corrupted.

I suggest you to download the latest ISO of Windows 10 and perform the installation once again.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Also refer: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-windows_install/error-code-0x8007025d-while-trying-to-install/a27d88cf-cb84-4bb4-a21f-32c56144f3ef

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

22 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Why not use thr Reset PC function?

You can then proceed to do a clean install by using recovery media or using the Reset function in Start > Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Reset this PC (Get Started).

See: 

How to: Perform a clean install using Reset this PC in Windows 10

How to: Create a Recovery Drive for reinstalling Windows 10 

Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

мне это не помогает

23 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

STILL GETTING THIS ERROR? I believe I have solved the problem. I attempted a fresh installation of Windows 10 on to my brand new "OCZ Trion 150 480 GB SSD". This resulted in the error, "Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all the files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error Code: 0x8007025D". After reading many FORUMS, this one included and trying all the various suggestions, nothing worked! I borrowed my son's Kingston Hyper X 250 (125 GB SSD), and ran a successful installation with no errors. This PROVED that my installation media which I created using Microsoft's media creation tool was just FINE. It also proved that nothing was wrong with my hardware. I suspected that maybe it was a bad SSD that I had. So I went out and bought a brand new "Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD". I ran an installation, this resulted in the error, "Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all the files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error Code: 0x8007025D". So could I possibly have TWO BAD SSD units? No, not at all... I remembered that my son's SSD was a small volume 125GB drive. So on a hunch I did the following: So I placed my SSD (Corsair) in an external enclosure, connected it to my laptop, formatted (not Quick Format, but Full Format). I then created two partitions, Vol1 (125GB - primary) and Vol2 (355GB). I then opened DISKPART and did a CLEAN and then I CONVERTED the volume to MBR from GPT. Next I mounted the SSD back in to my PC. I Reset my BIOS to Factory Defaults just to be safe. I Ran the installation on the 125GB partition. WINDOWS 10 installed just fine. So this means that neither of my SSDs were bad, it means Windows 10 FREAKS OUT when installing fresh on large volume SSDs. Possibly anything over 250 GB. Good luck! FYI... How to do DISKPART 1. Type Diskpart, press Enter 2. Type List Disk , press Enter 3. Type Select Disk # (where # is the number your drive shows up as), press Enter 4. Type Clean, press Enter 5. Type Convert MBR, press Enter 6. Type Exit, press Enter. SOLUTION by Anthony from www.ghosthunterapps.com

262 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

This happens on standard 7200 RPM drives as well, only I have not been able to install it using any of the media from VLSC or the recovery media. This is annoying. 
Brian Cream
Support II Engineer

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Answer the following questions so that we can assist you better.

1. What is the old operating system installed on the computer Windows vista or windows 7?

2. Can you boot back to your old Operating System?

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

It had nothing to do with the the .ISO from you guys. It was the board. I was able to image another machine, then I used that to run the recovery media. It working now. To answer your questions; This is a custom box that I built. I installed Windows 7, in order to upgrade to 10 for free. The drive crashed, and for some reason, the error I was receiving was due to the UEFI / Legacy boot modes within the BIOS. The BIOS had a Windows 8/8.1 setting that was turned on, only allowing UEFI boot. This was the cause of the errors as I needed it to boot into Legacy mode. I did try to run a Windows 7 install as well, and I received the same error, this is how I discovered the issue. Thanks, for following up! - Brian

Brian Cream
Support II Engineer

25 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 29, 2020 Views 116,571 Applies to: