Error 0x800F0954

Hello

Computer was upgraded to 1709 and has been having issues with Optional Feature History. 

Comes up with error code 0x800F0954 on "English GB Optical Character Recognition" and "English AU Speech Recognition" 

If I try and add an optional feature, these aren't available (Australian and British)

I've applied the latest updates

And run Update Troubleshooter 

I've also completed the following: 

net stop bits

net stop wuauserv

net stop appidsvc

net stop cryptsvc

ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old

net start bits

net start wuauserv

net start appidsvc

net start cryptsvc

I've turned off the metered connection (we are on a 100mb connection via Ethernet in, so it shouldn't be a a speed issue)

Done DISM and SFC checks. I've also manually installed the UK Language pack from the Windows 1709 Language Cab pack. Running out of ideas. 

Hi,

This could be caused by a corrupted update file or system file. I suggest you manually add the Language pack through the settings and not on the features by following these steps:

1. Go to Start, and then click Settings.
  2. Select Time and Language, then go to Region and Language on the left pane.
  3. Click Add a Language, then select the proper language.
  4. Follow the onscreen instructions.

You may also refer to this article: Add and switch input and display language preferences in Windows 10.

Please do update us with the results.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

This could be caused by a corrupted update file or system file. I suggest you manually add the Language pack through the settings and not on the features by following these steps:

1. Go to Start, and then click Settings.
  2. Select Time and Language, then go to Region and Language on the left pane.
  3. Click Add a Language, then select the proper language.
  4. Follow the onscreen instructions.

You may also refer to this article: Add and switch input and display language preferences in Windows 10.

Please do update us with the results.

Hello

That doesn't work. Australian and UK were already installed:

Even after removing it and readding it, it still goes through and does the same thing. It will get part way through the install then error out. 

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for following up with our questions. Since it's not only one package that has failed to install, we're to consider that the main Optional Feature download is the one having the concern. Please refer to the answers on this thread to reconfigure the Windows Software Update Service.

Note: Do not use a registry editor to edit the registry directly unless you have no alternative. The registry editors bypass the standard safeguards provided by administrative tools. These safeguards prevent you from entering conflicting settings or settings that are likely to degrade performance or damage your system. Editing the registry directly can have serious, unexpected consequences that can prevent the system from starting and require that you reinstall Windows. To configure or customize Windows, use the programs in Microsoft Management Console or Control Panel whenever possible.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for following up with our questions. Since it's not only one package that has failed to install, we're to consider that the main Optional Feature download is the one having the concern. Please refer to the answers on this thread to reconfigure the Windows Software Update Service.

Note: Do not use a registry editor to edit the registry directly unless you have no alternative. The registry editors bypass the standard safeguards provided by administrative tools. These safeguards prevent you from entering conflicting settings or settings that are likely to degrade performance or damage your system. Editing the registry directly can have serious, unexpected consequences that can prevent the system from starting and require that you reinstall Windows. To configure or customize Windows, use the programs in Microsoft Management Console or Control Panel whenever possible.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Is there supposed to be a link to the thread?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Apologies for the late response. I have edited the original post and just to make sure, you may also click on this link. In addition, you may also refer to this thread for a different approach on the concern.

We hope to hear from you soon.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 20, 2024 Views 61,209 Applies to: