Can't update Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro (C1900101 and 80240054)

Hi,

Today I was trying to upgrade my Win8 to the newest Win10 that's just been released. My problem is that installation fails or stops moving after the PC restart (on the screen with circle showing progress). First time it went up to 1% with 6% "Copying files" in like 35 seconds then it didn't make any progress in three hours so I decided to cancel my installation and recover my old Windows 8.1. On my next attempt it went to 2% and 7% "Copying Files" very quickly and stopped in that stance for a next hour or so. Another time it had like 4% and 16% "Copying files" then a bluscreen with "CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION" error code appeared and automatically restarted my computer (that happened only once),  on another try it stopped on the similiar percentage, then the screen turned all black and only showed the mouse cursor(in a very low resolution) and I could move the cursor but nothing else so I had to restart my PC once again.

I've tried 7 times in total and never got more than 4% - the progress always goes quickly in like first 30 seconds then it stops for hours. I had a similar problem when I was trying to update my Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 in September 2014 - but there the installation was closing itself near the end and automatically restored previous version of Windows.To fix that I had to uninstall my antivirus software (avast), but now I also removed and it doesn't help this time. Here's everything I tried to resolve my issue:

- I uninstalled my antivirus software (avast 2015 and Spybot)

- I made a Clean Boot(uncheked all non-Microsoft services and disabled all start-up programs)

- Installed all other available updates from Windows Update

- Tried to install Windows from https://www.microsoft.com/pl-pl/software-download/windows10 instead of using Windows Update

- Unplugged all external devices (except the monitor, keyboard and wireless mouse)

I really could not find any specific info about this issue for Windows 10, because the system is available for download since today. Windows Update shows the error code C1900101 for five failed attempts and 80240054 for two failed attempts. I read that updating to Windows 10 might take even 24 hours, but I have a quite strong computer (i5-3570k @3.4GHz, 16GB RAM [my country is Poland - I heard that it might matter]) and I do not think that it can take that long time for me (Upgrading Windows 8 to 8.1 took less than 30 minutes). I really don't know what to do know and would greatly appreciate any help.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have an issue in upgrading to Windows 10. We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

in this situation, I request you to install Windows 10 via media creation tool and check if it helps.

Download Windows 10

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Keep us posted on the issue to assist you better.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 17, 2018 Views 772 Applies to: