Can't get Adobe CS4 setup.exe to load

Hello,

I just recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro on a refurbished Dell Optiplex as my old, first gen Core i7 Dell Studio XPS had a dying hard drive and had too many other parts replaced over the decade I've had it and still running Vista that was negatively affected by bad sectors and could not migrate to a fresher hard drive as a result and it was more cost effective to just get a fresher box with Windows 10.

Anyway, so far so good but the issue now is Adobe CS4 Master Suite. I bought a legal licensed copy of it from a consultant that had a business copy with multiple licenses and was able to legally sell me one of his licenses and sent me a zipped ISO image on a DVD with product key and it's worked fine on Vista since 2009, just by replacing the amtlib.dll file with the correct one with my license), and briefly on Windows 7 (7 was obtained via an ISO image to buy time until I could do a complete upgrade) and it installed and worked on 7, no problem, at least Premier, Acrobat and Photoshop and media encoder anyway and now that I have Win 10 Pro (OEM), I can't get the Setup.exe file to run and install.

I have not been able to force compatibility since it's not installing. BTW, I have read up of other solutions to installing CS4, but this is slightly different, and as I said, it installed fine on 7 the brief time I had it until I was forced back to Vista due to issues with the ailing hard drive. I also did an update of 10, thinking it might help, no go.

The files are zipped and I've used the default Zip7 to unzip and it seems to have unzipped fine and when I click on the executable file, nothing, just a notification to allow changes to the OS, yes, no. I click on yes and then nothing after that.

Originally, it was zipped and unzipped using WinRaR so would that be an issue or does it matter?

Thanks!

John.

Answer
Answer

Never mind,

I answered my own question. I HAD to download WinRaR to get the executable file to unzip. Once unzipped, the installer loaded and I installed what I needed.

So far, Premier opens and works in Windows 10, no problem, after I updated the amtlib.dll file with the correct one for my product key and it opens and so far, seems to work as it should.

Will be testing other programs soon, but so far, so good.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 21, 2019 Views 253 Applies to: