Windows 10

I keep getting an error when installing windows 10 home full 64 bit. File: elxfcoe.sys error code: 0xc0000098 "The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors." How do i fix this? This is a new computer build.

Hi,

Since it is a new build I would suspect over-clocking or a hardware issue (hard drive, drive controller, or motherboard are suspects). If OC then set all to defaults. Remove ALL power then reseat all the cards, memory, and cables (on both ends when possible) - actually remove and replace - do not just snug.

If needed reduce the system down to as simple as possible including minimum memory.

Try with a different hard drive and cable.

Hope this helps.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rob Brown - Microsoft MVP <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

Rob Brown - past Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider MVP 2016 - 2021
Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT 2009 - 2020

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I've checked those already. I know the USB ports work because I can charge my phone through them, but the problem is I have the USB in the USB 2 slot, i start my computer, and when I get to the BIOS I am given a boot option, but my only option is UEFI: KDI-mcsftwindows 10 Pmap, partition 1. I believe a USB option should
be available but there is none. My motherboard is the Gigabyte ab350 Gaming 3. Also, I have legacy mode enabled, but that doesn't help either. The format of the USB is FAT32, I spoke to support before I got disconnected and they said it is probably a format issue and that that is the reason why my BIOS
won't recognize my Windows 10 USB. The USB was sent to me by mail from Microsoft. So, my question is, is it really the format is wrong? and if so, how do I change the format? or how can take the files from the USB and put them on a DVD? and if these are not the things that are wrong, then what is?

Oh, what happens is my computer starts and it leads me to the option of choosing either 64 bit or 32 bit for windows. i click on windows 64 bit. then it loads. after loading it brings me to the error page.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

You need to check with Gigabyte Support for the methods and limitations of booting with a USB.... it may need to be in port 1.

Did you reduce the system down to as simple as possible? If so you have a hardware issue.

Rob - SpiritX

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ive tried different ports but nothing changes. Ive also reduced it to as simple as possible. My question is how can it be a hardware issue? Ive checked to see if everything is running and everything is running, plus my motherboard acknowledges my hard drive is plugged in, as well as my cpu, ram, and gpu. Plus when i plug my phone in to charge, my phone starts charging. I feel like it is a format problem, because my motherboard is not recognizing the USB drive. Are you sure it is a hardware problem? What does the error page mean?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

You can review how to perform a Clean Install below. If those do not help it is a hardware issue which is mainly determined by the fact that Windows 10 has been successfully installed 1/2 a billion times.

Start fresh with a clean installation of Windows 10
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10startfresh

Clean Install Windows 10
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-windows_install/clean-install-windows-10/1c426bdf-79b1-4d42-be93-17378d93e587

Hope this helps.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rob Brown - Microsoft MVP <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I spoke to an agent and he helped me figure out the problem. so the problem was the fact that the USB Microsoft sent me was in the wrong format. the agent guided me to making a bootable DVD which is what I wanted. since I don't necessarily trust bootable USB's after the problems I have had with this one. so I downloaded the ISO file to my laptops hard drive and am going to burn the ISO image to the DVD once I require a DVD-R DL disc. my motherboard recognizes my optical drive so it should work. it also recognizes my hard drive, CPU, and RAM. I will answer back tomorrow on details if it worked or not.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

We would like to know if your concern has already been resolved.

We look forward to your response.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

yup! my computer is up and running and playing all my games on the highest graphics settings. the problem was the format of the USB Microsoft sent me. I downloaded the ISO file using Windows Media Creation Tool and burned the image to a DVD. Once I inserted the disc and set it up to boot from my optical drive my computer booted up and brought me to the start of the installation process, everything else was a piece of cake beyond that point. I don't understand why someone thought this was a hardware issue, it was clearly a software issue, not on my part, but Microsoft's with the USB. The agent I spoke with, Anthony C. was very kind and helped me understand what was going on and what to do about my situation. Consider this matter solved √

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

"You can review how to perform a Clean Install below. If those do not help it is a hardware issue which is mainly determined by the fact that Windows 10 has been successfully installed 1/2 a billion times."

Just because an operating system has been installed X amount of times does not determine if someone's problem is a software issue or a hardware issue. Thinking like that is illogical and folly.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

"You can review how to perform a Clean Install below. If those do not help it is a hardware issue which is mainly determined by the fact that Windows 10 has been successfully installed 1/2 a billion times."

Just because an operating system has been installed X amount of times does not determine if someone's problem is a software issue or a hardware issue. Thinking like that is illogical and folly.

Actually the folly is not realizing that is almost always the case. In this case the issue was not the OS, rather it was the USB drive the OS was written on which is a fairly unusual issue.

Glad to have helped. Sounds like you did some very good troubleshooting!

(If a reply was the solution please mark it as the "Answer" and/or "Solved My Problem" and/or if it was helpful please mark it as "Helpful". Those help others find the proper solutions.)

Moving everyday, going further on,

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 4, 2024 Views 1,841 Applies to: