Windows 10 Education Will Not Install

I recently purchased Windows 10 Education (Multilanguage) (Work At Home) from the College I work for as an Adjunct. I was able to make a bootable USB Thumb drive with this image, but on a different laptop (it would not see the USB Drive during the Install Tool run).

However, I am unable to install on my system. My laptop meets all of the basic and minimum requirements for Windows 10. The install goes along fine until the finalizing step where it reboots the system. Once it does this, it tries to install Windows 10 again and ignores the first install. If I remove the USB Thumb drive that has the image and reboot the system, it tries to load the Win 10 OS, but an error pops up that reads: “Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation.” The OK button cannot be clicked nor can the X to close the window be accessed. Tab does not move focus onto either the X of the OK button. I cannot hit Shift+F10 for a CMD prompt either. I am left with rebooting the system. If I place the USB thumb drive back in the USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 slot (either, it does not matter), the installation begins again. This will go on indefinitely, creating an image partitions on the drive each time it is run.

I have tried formatting the drive, removing all other drives, etc. Nothing seems to work.

Here are some stats on the laptop:

MSI GT60 2OC-022US

Intel Core i7-4700MQ

Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M / 3GB GDDR5

Hard drive: 240G SSD

BIOS version: E16F4IMS.503

EC Version: 16F4EMS1 Ver. 7.17

Legacy Boot enabled

16G Memory

The SSD Drive is not full. I have formatted this drive and started the update as if it were a new drive but to no avail.

Online trouble shooting has me checking the secpol.msc but that value is already set to 0. Other “this will fix it” info that I have found do not work either. I have also tried the repair option on the Win 10 install but it cannot fix/repair the issue. Calling Microsoft Customer Service did nothing. They actually told me to take it to a Windows store (there are none anywhere close).

I’d really like to figure this out. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. I have been told the BIOS version may have something to do with this but I’m not sure how that would cause these issues.

v/r

Steven

I recommend you download another copy of the Windows 10 Education ISO then create another bootable copy using the following instructions:

Step 1:

Download Windows 10 Education ISO files

If you attend a college or university, your institution might provide you with the Education edition of Windows 10. If you are only provided with a license (product key), you can download the .ISO file from the Microsoft Download Academic Products website. 

Go to the following link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/vlacademicISO

Scroll down then enter your Windows 10 Education product key, then click verify

Step 2: How to Prepare Bootable Install Media for Windows 10 - DVD, USB or SD Card

Step 3: How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10

Best,
Andre
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for your reply Andre.

I am an adjunct professor and my college provides "home use" access to MS products.

All of these steps you mentioned, I have tried several times. I am on the 4th download of the ISO.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

First, do the following, just to make sure it is compatible:

Check this List to Determine if Your Computer is Compatible with the Windows 10 Creators Update or Anniversary Update or Not

Another thing you could try, if the memory modules are not soldered on the motherboard, you could try reducing the installed amount to a single stick then reattempt setup.

Best,
Andre
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately, none of these suggestions worked. I have tried everything possible, including taking the system back to its original version of Window 8.0 via an image I made when I first purchased the system.

I have put my system back to its former Win7 state.

I have read dozens of online forum about the same issues I am having and nothing helps. It seems MS would make it a bit more user-friendly.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 11, 2021 Views 1,686 Applies to: