Why is my windows 10 not activated?

Hello, I have been using windows 10 for a while now and I had upgrade from windows 10. However, my laptop was becoming slow and I did a  hard reset. My laptop sped up by a lot but mow my windows 10 is not activated and the error code is 0x803F7001.

Anyway I can activate it for free?

|
Answer
Answer

Top reasons Windows 10 fails activate:

• Not connected to the Internet
  • Antivirus or Firewall utilities might be blocking product activation
  • Your computer is behind a proxy server, disabling the proxy temporarily or using chat support can resolve this
  • Your computer did not upgrade from a genuine version.
  • The wrong edition is installed.

Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Change the product key then enter the new product key then click Next to Activate

If you are unable to activate Windows 10 after all the above and you are certain you have the correct edition installed, then please attempt phone activation:

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Windows 7 came preinstalled on my computer, how do I find the product key?

The product key is usually located on the COA sticker attached to the bottom of your laptop or in the battery compartment. In some rare cases it can also be found in the memory compartment. For tower systems, look at the top or the side of the system unit. It looks like the following:

If the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) sticker is damaged or letters or not legible, you will have to consider the following options:

• Use a digital camera to capture a picture of the COA then enlarge it on your computer.

Please note: The copy of Windows 10 you download and upgrade from will correspond with the edition of Windows you have installed, if it does not, this is why you might be experiencing problems activating:

• Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Windows 8.0 Core, Windows 8.1 Core will install Windows 10 Home ISO
  • Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.0 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro will install Windows 10 Pro ISO

Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 13, 2021 Views 3,171 Applies to: