Upgrading win10, error code 0x8007002c -0x4000d

I am currently trying to install windows 10 and mid install my screen goes completely black. I gave it about 20 minutes and it did not recover so I restarted the PC to be reverted back to windows 7 and having to redownload the entire copy of Windows 10 again.

The error code is 0x8007002c -0x4000d. I cannot find anything on support or on google about this error code, It's like it never even existed. I need to find out what this code means so I can install and not have to redownload this for a 3rd time just to fail yet again.

Much help is appreciated! :D

EDIT: I am also using this link http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 to download Win10 because I cannot get the windows app to appear no matter what I do. IS that the OFFICIAL FULL windows 10 or is that the tech demo?

Question Info

Last updated April 22, 2019 Views 1,560 Applies to:

Hi Joe,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the suggestion provide by Bennet Martin replied on July 29, 2015 form the below link and check if it helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/the-windows-10-upgrade-appears-to-hang/a3359013-80a7-4a25-a75d-1c828e576c40?tm=1438143969182

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

What all my fellow questioners want is to know what the error message actually means? The reply doesn't actually cover the problem. 

I know you must be busy MS but please take more time to actually answer the question.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having this same issue but my install did not time out it just stops at the configuration stage 75% and reverts back to my Windows 8.1 installation.  I am making sure to install all my updates and will do a clean boot before attempting this again.  Any additional guidance from Microsoft would be appreciated.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem. It gets to 76% and then goes back to Windows 7. What some people are suggesting is to turn off/uninstal your antivirus program and turn off the internet. It might help you but didn't work for me. I will try a clean boot next time I try it out. I'm also using the ISO file

Sorry this didn't help.

The answer did not address the problem. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings Joe!

I had exactly the same error message, and was experiencing the issue on four of my systems.  I found through a little sleuthing that my problem was due to my Antivirus solution.

So I removed it and retried the process, it not only worked, but it worked in all four cases that were failing to install.  

I decided to blog about it at my site, so hit it up if you'd like the details.

Good luck!

Please click the blue "Helpful" box if my post was either helpful or answered your question!

Sorry this didn't help.

I am currently trying to install windows 10 and mid install my screen goes completely black. I gave it about 20 minutes and it did not recover so I restarted the PC to be reverted back to windows 7 and having to redownload the entire copy of Windows 10 again.

The error code is 0x8007002c -0x4000d. I cannot find anything on support or on google about this error code, It's like it never even existed. I need to find out what this code means so I can install and not have to redownload this for a 3rd time just to fail yet again.

Remove your Antivirus software Windows 10: Upgrade error 0x8007002C-0x4000D

Blogs: http://www.borncity.com/blog /(Ger) - and - http://borncity.com/win/ (EN)

Sorry this didn't help.