[Solved] windows 10 error code 0x8007025d - 0x2000c

I have solved the error 0x8007025d - 0x2000c When installing windows 10. I have changed the primary boot to my dvdrom and restarted my pc (when restarting press the appropriate key to select the boot drive or bios) change all language settings to US. Restart the pc and run the installation tool as administrator. Do not install with the updates. The next part is applicable to each individual.  When you choose what to keep select either keep everything or keep nothing (it must not be the same as the first choice that gave the error) so back up your system. Then also check the help Microsoft improve installation.  Be sure to hit the key for boot options and remove the dvd or usb before the pc boots and after boot insert it again.  This is no guarantee to help but give it a try. Upgrade from windows 7 ultimate.  Also on a side note that might help the first part with the blue windows is installing my laptop went into hibernation for 5 hours and it installed through hibernation.  Hope it helps :) Leave a comment if it helped you or not and please feel free to give more advice if you fixed it differently.

Discussion Info

Last updated September 19, 2018 Views 120,321 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

In my case I had had the error message you mentioned when trying to install to my Laptop (8.1) and my Desktop (W7)

Thinking back to the W10 Insider Program, there was a problem there with Norton Internet Security Type Programs. During this Insider the Norton program was pulled pending update.

There seems to be no warning about this in the W10 update program, but removing (i.e. Shutting off all Norton Aps )  solved the problem on my laptop...and I'm about to try to repeat that on the desktop.

LATER:- Just completed the upgrade on the W7 pc (desktop). This time the installation completed - with Norton features all switched off). However, the performance on this one is slow and iffy. There is no "Edge"(which appears on the menu but doesn't work) and no Internet Explorer. Several other items cannot be loaded.

Not usable at all - but the ex 8.1 laptop works fine - except for a couple of missing drivers.

I have solved the error 0x8007025d - 0x2000c When installing windows 10. I have changed the primary boot to my dvdrom and restarted my pc (when restarting press the appropriate key to select the boot drive or bios) change all language settings to US. Restart the pc and run the installation tool as administrator. Do not install with the updates. The next part is applicable to each individual.  When you choose what to keep select either keep everything or keep nothing (it must not be the same as the first choice that gave the error) so back up your system. Then also check the help Microsoft improve installation.  Be sure to hit the key for boot options and remove the dvd or usb before the pc boots and after boot insert it again.  This is no guarantee to help but give it a try. Upgrade from windows 7 ultimate.  Also on a side note that might help the first part with the blue windows is installing my laptop went into hibernation for 5 hours and it installed through hibernation.  Hope it helps :) Leave a comment if it helped you or not and please feel free to give more advice if you fixed it differently.

While upgrading to Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 I'm getting this Error

We couldn't install Windows 10

0x8007025D - 2000C

The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during APPLY_IMAGE operation

What about this??

While upgrading to Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 I'm getting this Error

We couldn't install Windows 10

0x8007025D - 2000C

The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during APPLY_IMAGE operation

I am having the same error code upgrading fro windows 7 ultimate, anyone any ideas?

I'm having the exact same error message.

..thinking it was HD/Raid setup I had, I went out and purchased

another HD, removed any raid settings.. reinstalled and same

error appeared...

Anyone using an SSD type drive?

I've been closing in on my Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500gB as a possible cause of my 7.1 Desktop screwing up on upgrading.

To cut a long story short, I am now finding web stuff suggesting that these drives have a problem with losing data (where that data has not been accessed for a while).

Samsung have brought out an app to deal with this!!!

(http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/minisite/SSD/global/html/support/downloads.html)

Tried 5 or 6 times with different recommendations from MS and Reddit sites. None seemed to work, including bios update. Noticed a few times the copying file operation did not reach 50% (or overall less than 20%) and then a restart which reverted back to Win8.1 Pro. Did a disk clean including Clean up System Files. Took a long time to delete those Windows update files. Upon a restart, the shutdown took an extra long time with a message saying getting ready for Windows. Once restarted I was able to upgrade to Win10 with a DVD. I think the cleanup/ready process on some PCs may need some work.

I finally resolved the issue.
After using the MS Creation tool and trying to get it to update for either windows 7 or win 8.1

I remembered a notice that MS said once the update is finished, after your upgrade your prior 7 / 8.1 CD-Key will be tied to 10, so you can reinstall clean if you wish on that machine.

So I tried to install clean from the PC, and when it asked for the CD Key (it failed naturally) and I told it to skip and keep on installing.  About 20 % or so a error came up saying the there are files missing form the install disc.

So once again.. I reinstalled windows 7, updated everything, and now re-ran the creation tool.
this time I chose USB setup (don't think it mattered what I chose) and then did the upgrade.

Everything went in fine at this time, so I figure the ISO was hosed in some manner.
I did the same steps with my work PC, but to dvd, and it installed fine on my dell.
Home PC has 4 60gig SSD in a Raid 0 Config

Work has a Hybrid 1T setup...

Hope this helps someone..

Problem now fixed.

I have 2 pcs here (a desktop was at Windows 7 & a Notebook was  on Windows 8.1).

The Notebook upgraded easily and was, more or less, back working immediately.

The other pc (Desktop) has been a nightmare on which I have made numerous attempts to get the upgrade to work:-

1) Took out the SSD main drive and replaced it with a standard Drive - no improvement.

2) Cut off all drives and CD ROMs other than the basic ones - no improvement.

3) Removed Norton - no improvement.

4) Ran all the various check disks programs I could find - no improvement.

5) Bear in mind that this PC was working happily in the W10 Insider Program for some months.

6) Updated SSD Drive to latest Magician standard - No improvement.

7) Finally, put the SSD drive back in and Did a complete reset to basics as described in W10 Recovery Options. This worked fine and I am now busily re-installing all my apps. _ Yippee!!!

Somewhere on my System there is some sort of App which was blocking Edge & Cortana, neither of which would load 'til now, nor could I get onto the web!! 

As the hardware is unchanged from all the other attempts so I cannot blame that.

My advice, to anyone who has had a rough experience with the upgrade, would be to start by making sure you have backed up all your documents, etc., and then do the full reset from scratch !

It'll, probably, save you hours of wasted time!!

Good Luck!

I had this problem also, and finaly i solved this problem with the BIOS settings to 'default'