problems with loading pc-cd rom games in windows 10

I have upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1. Prfeviously purchased games on pc-cd rom that used to load and run will not now work. I have tried emulation etc but the games will not play. Is this normal. I went back to 8.1 and the problem persisted so am unable to use games that used to work perfectly well. Has anyone else experienced this and if so do you have a solution for me.

Thanks

|

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down the issue.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
  2. Did you receive any error message?
  3. Is the issue specific to a single game? 

I suggest you to run the program in Compatibility mode and check if it resolves the issue.

Please follow the below steps:

1. Right click on the Program
  2. Click on Properties
  3. Click on Compatibility tab
  4. Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

still unable to load  PC  CD-Rom games on my machine. The computer is an HP Pavillion  Intel Pentium G2030T 2.6 GHz with 6 Gbits installed RAM. It is 2 years old and came pre installed with Windows 8 operating system. I upgraded to Windows 8.1 and all the updates since. The PC CD-ROM games discs used to work perfectly well on Windows 98. XP, 8 and 8.1 but now will not work. I went back to 8.1 and still they do not work. Before loading Windows 10 I went through all the compatability checks for my computer, made sure that all 8.1 updates had been loaded and thought I was set ready for the upgrade. I do not know what to do to restore use-ability on these games, and replacing the computer for an older version is not an option. Does anybody out there have any ideas or fixes for me please.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

still unable to load  PC  CD-Rom games on my machine. The computer is an HP Pavillion  Intel Pentium G2030T 2.6 GHz with 6 Gbits installed RAM. It is 2 years old and came pre installed with Windows 8 operating system. I upgraded to Windows 8.1 and all the updates since. The PC CD-ROM games discs used to work perfectly well on Windows 98. XP, 8 and 8.1 but now will not work. I went back to 8.1 and still they do not work. Before loading Windows 10 I went through all the compatability checks for my computer, made sure that all 8.1 updates had been loaded and thought I was set ready for the upgrade. I do not know what to do to restore use-ability on these games, and replacing the computer for an older version is not an option. Does anybody out there have any ideas or fixes for me please.

windows 10 is ****.

I'm a tradie and don't have time to **** around.

when are you blokes going to make something that works?

cant even add a printer or load printer software.

for **** sake,

GET IT SORTED.

I think you need to employ me in workability and quality control .

I know nothing about computers but just want the **** thing to work,

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2021 Views 2,604 Applies to: