My Craft Studio on Windows 10

I have tried installing My Craft Studio CD-roms on my new computer, having manually upgraded to Windows 10.   Although these discs were previously installed on my old computer using Vista with no problem, I now cannot access the operating programme, although the art work seems to be installed.   A desk top icon appears but when clicked a message appears saying "My Craft Studio has stopped working".   I have tried uninstalling then reinstalling on my old Vista running computer and this works fine, so the discs don't appear to be corrupted.    Please can someone help, as its frustrating having to use two different computers!
The program probably isn't compatible with Windows 10, but you can try installing in Compatibility Mode.  Uninstall the program, then right-click on the installation file and select "Troubleshoot compatibility."

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for your prompt answer.   I have already tried installing in Compatibility mode, i.e. Vista.

The suppliers of the My Craft Studio discs say that it is compatible with Windows 10.   I have also tried printing a bill from O2 but get a message saying "something is stopping this PDF from opening"   Can it be the same thing I wonder?   Or could there simply be something wrong with my new computer?

Regards

Carol

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If compatibility mode doesn't work,  they're probably not compatible.  The two problems aren't related.  I don't know what "...a bill from O2" means.   What PDF reader are you using?  Can you view the file?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

An O2 mobile phone bill on line can be seen on the account web page, but to print it you are instructed to click on "download bill as pdf file".   When I do this, a message appears "something is preventing this pdf from being opened"   I am using Acrobat DC  on the new computer, but Acrobat X on my old computer, which I am able to print from.   MCS manufacturers say they have many users of the discs on windows 10.   Thamnk you once again for your time.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you're able to use Acrobat DC for other PDF tasks and it's just not working with that particular site, I would ask them if they know of any Windows 10 issues, and perhaps try a different PDF reader.  Windows 10 comes with the Reader app, and you can set it as the default PDF reader just for experimentation purposes.  Right-click on any PDF file and choose "Open with" then select "Choose another app," select Reader and check "Always choose this app to open .pdf files."   You can always reverse this process to go back to Acrobat. 

As for the program not installing,  I'm afraid I don't have any other solutions for you, especially as you've already tried compatibility mode.  If you haven't already, you might want to try turning off your antivirus software and attempting the installation again.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for your reply   It appears that a friend of mine is also having a problem opening a pdf know that she has changed to Windows 10.   She was going to ask her instructor at the laptop club she goes to, so hopefully she may have some answers for me regarding this particular problem!   Unfortunately, I am still having no luck with My Craft Studio, and would love to have some contact with others who have had a similar problem with these or other graphic programme discs.   All art work is on the computer, just not the operating programme.

Anyway, thanks for trying to help me.

Regards

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 3, 2024 Views 207 Applies to: