Microsoft Windows 10

Several nights ago, Windows 10 updated my computer (we have no way of saying yes or no) for "security" issues and at the same time, installed IE 11 and Edge.  Since this upgrade, my computer has been useful for nothing other then a Paperweight.

I called Microsoft yesterday (5/9/17, starting this journey at about 5:00 pm or so) and spoke with a young man named Carlo, who was very nice and connected to my computer and reinstalled Windows 10 (I guess the version before the Upgrade). I did receive a case number. I was on the phone with him for an hour and 20 minutes, until he said it would take a while and he was watching the progress from his computer and he would call me back when the reinstall was completed. He did call me back after about another hour when the computer started installing updates. This took almost 2 hours and when the computer restarted itself, Carlo lost his connection. He called and said he would call back shortly, giving the computer time for the updates to finish. The updates finished at about 10:15 pm, but Carlo did not call back. I tried calling Microsoft again and was connected with the RUDEST young lady, whose name was IRIS.  She connected to my computer, took control and after 20 minutes I asked if she were still there...no answer. I typed in the message box, Are you still there? Again, no answer. I finally stated Are you still there? again, and again no answer. We were still connected via phone and remotely.  After 5 hours messing around with my computer and dealing with Microsoft and still not having my computer fixed, nor was I able to disconnected from the remote connection. My background is still black and is running VERY slowly. I finally hung up and went to bed as I get up at 5:30 am in the morning.

I just received a phone call from 425-635-2970 (1:24PM) which was the last number Carlo called me from and they hung up as soon as I answered. When I get home I will still have a computer that is useless after spending my entire evening last night trying to get it repaired. I can't afford to spend another 5 hours on the phone with these inept people trying to get this situation straightened out, especially when these people do not speak English well at all and get ruder as the night goes on! I spent more time having them repeat themselves and getting smart mouth, short answers.

How can I get my computer fixed once and for all without making a career out of it?! I am VERY disappointed and, to be honest, very **** off!

Are you able to see the log in screen when the computer boots up?

If you do, are you able to log in?

If you are able to log in, try the following:

Press Control + Alt + Del

• Log out and go to the sign in screen.
  • Hold down the shift key on your keyboard while clicking the Power button on the screen.
  • Continue to hold down the shift key while clicking Restart.
  • Continue to hold down the shift key until the Advanced Recovery Options menu appears.
  • Click Troubleshoot
  • Click Advanced options
  • Click Startup Settings
  • Click Restart
  • Press (4) to Enable Safe Mode
  • Wait while Windows 10 starts in safe mode.
  • Press Windows key + X
  • Click Device Manager
  • Expand Display Adapter
  • Right click your Display adapter and click Uninstall
  • Exit Device Manager
  • If you have an older Antivirus utility also uninstall it.
  • Restart

You might need to go to a working computer, download the latest Video Driver for your computer, save it to a thumbdrive. Copy it to the affected computer and install it. If there is no native Windows 10 driver, download the latest Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 video driver and install in compatibility mode.

Learn more:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Also see the following:

How to Fix a Black Screen in Windows 10 - groovyPost

Best,
Andre
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for your response.

I had a friend of mine who is an IT Manager, log in and straighten it out.

Microsoft just didn't bother to finish what they started.

Thanks again!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 30, 2021 Views 827 Applies to: