Installing windows 10 error message system thread exception not handled

I am trying to install windows 10 home on a new build computer. The installation nearly completes when i get the message windows encountered a problem and needs to restart, and at the bottom of the screen it says -System thread exception not handled.      Has anybody got any ideas?

Try simplifying your configuration.

- Only keep mouse and keyboard attached.

- Reduce the amount of RAM to a single stick or make sure modules are installed banks 1 and 3.

- If your motherboard supports onboard graphics - switch to that and remove any discrete video cards.

- If you have more than one internal storage device installed, remove all except the target disk where Windows 10 will be installed.

Learn more:

Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Andre.    thanks for the reply,sadly it will not work on my computer. I am using a gigabyte ab350-gaming motherboard and although it has onboard graphics I could get no picture through it. It was only when I added an old graphics card that I got a picture and was able to start installing windows 10. Also there is no mention of onboard graphics in the cmoss settings in chipset where they are supposed to be or anywhere else. thanks for your interest I would be grateful for any other ideas.    Lawrence.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Lawrence,

To configure the motherboard to use the on-board graphics device instead of the video card, you may need to contact your computer manufacturer for assistance.

In addition, for more information regarding SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error, you can click on this link.

Furthermore, kindly verify if you're using a retail version of the Windows 10 installer or a Windows 10 ISO disk/USB.

Feel free to post back for the results.

Regards.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello romel.  Thanks for the reply. I got so fed up with not being able to do anything that I took my computer to the shop yesterday for them to look at. They said it will take a few days. Thanks for your help and Interest.   Lawrence.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

sorry. the situation has only just been resolved. the problem was a faulty stick of ram. thank you to everyone that helped.

lawrence.

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 4, 2021 Views 10,629 Applies to: