Error 8024000B Windows 10 Install blocked by Intel Dynamic Power Performance Management

Hi,

I've tried umpty times to install Windows 10 on my Panasonic CF-S9 laptop currently running Windows 7 SP1 64 bit.  Each time I stall at the preparation phase when the installer identifies a program that isn't compatible and needs to be uninstalled.  Intel Dynamic Power Performance Management is the culprit.  I get error code 8024000B showing in Windows Update for the failed attempts.

But I have tried uninstalling it on separate occasions from Control Panel, and with System Mechanic & CCleaner (I use System Restore to go back before trying a new option...). But, I always end with the same failure in the Win 10 install.  I've tried updating Intel drivers, rolling back the relevant driver, and clean boots blocking non-Microsoft processes, with same result. 

I even tried the advice aimed at Win 7 installs at

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/windows-update-error-8024000b#1TC=windows-7

to rename Spupdsvc.exe

I also went into Safe Mode to rename intelppm.sys but was prohibited for lacking permission.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Cheers - Andy

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have installed win10 on a C1, and even on a old T5 (but you may have to find and install win7 drivers for yourself).

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Could you tell us if you encountered any problems once you upgraded to Windows 10?  What Toughbook are you running?  I have upgraded an SX2 to Windows 10 and haven't encountered any problems yet, but I also have a CF9, and this is the one I am concerned about.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I went through and did all the above, still got the Intel error. The CF-31, I then did a clean install and the tough book runs great on Windows 10, problem is it won't activate because I wasn't able to complete the upgrade process.  So now I am reading I have to roll it back to 7 pro.  Is there anyway to activate it without going through this process

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I ended up downloading a copy of 7 pro 32 bit clean program not the recovery one from manufacture, doing a clean install, activating it, then doing the upgrade, worked but time consuming

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

no problems so far.. it's a CF-31.. still can't get Qualcomm Gobi 2000 to work though; I've tried all the suggestions for it but no luck..

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I found this tip in a Win 8 install issue that seemed to be related

renaming the EtmDrvMgr.sys file in the C:\Windows\System32\Drivers directory seems to have cleared the block for me in my Win 7 upgrade to Win 10 on a HP laptop that I have

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-windows_install/windows-81-upgrade-blocked-by-intel-dynamic-power/931f96da-0e95-42da-b3ee-91be0d8b0612?db=5&page=2

20 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I ran into the same issue with the Intel Power Management.  Because these machines are a little older I decided to go with a clean install.   I have run clean installs on CF-53, C1, and F9 Toughbooks without any issue.   All of these machines are were running Windows 7 with an i5 processor.  After running the install I also ran Drive Booster 3.2 (free software) to update all of the drivers.  I haven't run into any issues thus far and have pushed Windows updates as they come out.   It wasn't until today that I found this thread frustrated that I couldn't figure out how to uninstall that Intel software.  

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there,

Many thanks for this tip.  Having started this thread back in August '15, I'm happy to report that I was finally able to install Win 10 on my Panasonic CF-S9 using Crackberry User's suggestion. 

I had restarted with a clean boot and fired up the Win 10 upgrade from a USB stick. Got to the usual hurdle in the install with the message about Intel Dynamic Power etc., when I paused to rename EtmDrvMgr.sys   I hit the Back Button in the install window and selected my choice to upgrade with apps & files in place. The install continued happily after that.

Just as a word of caution to others upgrading the Toughbook CF-S9, there were some bumps after the install. A hard reboot after unplugging power & taking the battery out was required at one point. When the new desktop first appeared, everything froze while the Toshiba Bluetooth driver, InstDev.exe, prompted for permission to make changes.  The hard reboot brought me back to the same permissions prompt but allowed me to grant permission and Bluetooth updated OK.

Next problem was the Start menu & Cortana search box had disappeared, but this was due to Win 10 doing a background update.  It may have resolved itself in time, but I double checked on progress by opening up Update by accessing Settings through the Action Centre Icon at the far right of my task bar. Once I selected Check for Updates, it revealed it was part way through a download.  After the new updates downloaded and installed, I restarted the computer and the Start menu, appeared.

Since those first hiccups, the CF-S9 has been running happily under Win 10.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a Panasonic Toughbook cl-19 mk5 and have tried for two days doing clean boots and all other suggestions that I have found with no luck.  I contacted Panasonic and their final answer is they may or may not up grade the drivers for the Intel dynamic power management. Mean while, Microsoft keeps sending me emails that my Panasonic is compatible with win 10 and that time is running out for the free upgrade (July 29, 2016).

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I was also able to install Windows 10 on Panasonic CF-F8 and CF-F9 and it is working perfectly.

Read this for more details:

https://rustylog.wordpress.com/2016/10/24/installing-windows-10-on-a-panasonic-toughbook-cf-f9/

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 21, 2024 Views 18,886 Applies to: