difference between home edition and home single language edition of windows 10

what is the major difference between the win10 home edition and the win10 home single language edition. I want to know in order to make a decision as to changing my edition. I presently use a single language edition
Answer
Answer

Some people have never even heard of Windows 10 KN, Windows N and Windows 10 SL.

Differences may seem minor, but actual performance difference is major.

Windows 10 - All features such as Media, Apps and many more

Windows 10 KN - The KN version stems from an antitrust ruling in South Korea. This version removes Windows' media playing capabilities. At the time, it also removed the now-defunct Windows Messenger. The December 2005 ruling by the Korea Fair Trade Commission (KFTC) also fined Microsoft $34 million.

Windows 10 N - The N version of Windows comes without a media player baked into the system. This version stems from a European Commission order back in 2004, which fined Microsoft €497 million for anti-competitive practices.

Windows 10 Single Language - It can be installed with the only selected language. You cannot change or upgrade later on to a different language.

Windows 10 KN and N were specially developed for South Korea and Europe. Not many people know this but before Windows 10 KN, It was called Windows 10 K for Korea. However, due to major backslash South Korea allowed Microsoft to create Windows 10 KN which could have Media player but also included links to other media players to remove anti-competition practices.

If you reside in United States, I would recommend using Windows 10 or Windows 10 Single Language.

587 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 8, 2024 Views 253,200 Applies to: