Windows 10 update on multiple computers

Hello

I have 4 computers running Windows 8.1 ProWMC - two are 32bit and two are 64bit. I would much prefer to receive a 32bit ISO and a 64bit ISO and only do two downloads, instead of having to do the download on each machine. So far I have reserved a copy for 32bit version and a 64bit version and hope to "reuse" on the other machines. Is this possible?

If not, what were you thinking Microsoft? The updates on all 4 machines would consume my entire monthly quota.

Awaiting your reply.

Question Info

Last updated September 14, 2019 Views 31,638 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
What if I have more than one Windows device—can I upgrade them all?

Yes, you can get a free upgrade for each of your eligible Windows devices. All you need to do is make a separate reservation for each device you want to upgrade.

I multiple computers, do have to download Windows 10 on each computer?

You can download a .ISO file and upgrade each computer offline. The ISO should be available by the time Windows 10 launches.

How to: upgrade from previous versions of Windows using Windows 10 ISO file

Please note, you might have to download the appropriate edition Windows 10 for the version/edition of Windows you are upgrading. If you upgrade to the wrong edition, ie. Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Pro, you will have to purchase a license for Windows 10 Pro or rollback Windows 7 Home Premium and upgrade to Windows 10 Home.

What are the editions of Windows 10 available?

Which features will be removed when I upgrade from a previous version of Windows?

• Windows Media Center
  • DVD playback
  • Desktop gadgets
  • Preinstalled games
  • Floppy drive support
  • Windows Live Essentials (Windows Essentials)
  • Windows Updates
  • Windows Virtual PC with Windows XP Mode

Is Media Center supported in Windows 10?

No. Persons who need to use Media Center should consider carefully before upgrading from their previous version of Windows. The Windows 10 upgrade will automatically remove any installations of Media Center.

So what are the alternatives if I need Media Center?

Your best option is to continue running your existing version of Windows with Media Center.

• Windows 7 editions that include Media Center will continue to be supported until January 2020.
  • Windows 8 Pro with Media Center will continue to be supported until January 2023.
Will Windows Media Center be available in Windows 10?

Windows Media Center is not part of Windows 10 and won’t be available after upgrading to Windows 10. If you use Windows Media Center, we will alert you during upgrade that Windows Media Center is not available on Windows 10. We know that some users use Windows Media Center to play DVDs, and we are providing a free DVD playback app in Windows 10 for Windows Media Center users.

Source: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-faq

Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.