Windows 10 compatibility error with Intel(R) HD Graphics

I had gotten the Windows 10 update program a couple of days ago, and after light examination of it, I had come across two compatibility issues with both the Intel(R) HD Graphics in my computer, and the Bluetooth Profile interface Driver. I have to know if this will mess up my computer's display properties if I update to windows 10. Is this is normal? Will my computer still look and act the way it should with the update? What does this mean for the future of my computer? Is there any fixes that a noob like me could do to fix this? I have no clue if this is a big deal or not, and I want to know if I should update to windows 10? I don't want the resolution or the colors of my display to go all wonky, or maybe not let me use a USB mouse. I use my laptop daily for school, so I have to know if this problem isn't a big deal or if it is a deal breaker for me getting windows 10. I had also looked into it and found out that I have a "custom Intel graphics card?" in my laptop that was made by my laptop's manufacturer.  I believe that this is the cause of the discrepancy, and even though I had heard that you could swap out the display driver as a fix, I don't think I'm knowledgeable about that, and thus am left asking the Microsoft gods to rain down their wisdom on what my next steps are.

Hopefully I was clear in the problems that I have, but Here's a photo of what the incompatibility notification was:

Question Info

Last updated August 24, 2019 Views 52,623 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

The Reservation App indicates I have incompatible hardware (ie. Video Card, Printer) and/or software, what should I do?

You can check the software developer and hardware vendor for the latest updates before performing the upgrade.

Even though you might get this message, you can always run Windows Update after installing Windows 10 and download the latest driver.

I recently installed Windows 10 on an HP Elitebook to see how well the most recent Windows 10 build performs. The Elitebook is a fairly recent model notebook which includes an assortment of hardware technologies. Out of the box though I did not get a complete system, for instance the Intel HD Graphics 3000 was not detected and I was instead limited to the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

Apart from this, I had wi-fi ready, which mean, I could connect to the Internet right away.

Installing drivers through Windows Update

Windows Update is the premier starting point to resolve most common driver issues you might experience immediately after installing Windows 10.

Simply launch it from Start > Settings > Update and Security and click Check for Updates

or

Press Windows key + R

Type: wuapp

Hit Enter

Click Check for updates (make sure you have an active Internet connection).

Immediately, Windows Update will detect your system configuration and download all the appropriate drivers for your system. As you can see in the above screenshot, my Intel HD 3000 Graphics was installed automatically. I did not even have to reboot the system. In addition to other hardware components were also detected and installed which includes my LAN adapter and card reader.

Learn more:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Backup your computer:
When making significant changes to your computer such as updating the operating system, you should always backup. See links to resources about backing up by clicking the link for the respective version of Windows you are running: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1

Also review:

How to: 10 Tips before installing the latest Windows 10 build

How to: 10 things to do if Windows 10 Setup fails.

Once you have installed these important updates and followed the prerequisite instructions, you should be ready to receive your free update to Windows 10 this summer.

Can I uninstall Windows 10 if I do not like it or something goes wrong?

See the following: How to: Rollback to a previous version of Windows from Windows 10

Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

13 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.