This PC can't run Windows 10 message due to an Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator incompatibility

I have an trying to install windows 10 with my reserved upgrade on a Samsung Ativ Smart PC running an Atom1.80Ghz processor and have encountered an error stating Windows 10 cannot be installed due to an Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator incompatibility issue. I have sought an updated driver at Intel's website, but the current driver that is installed is the most current driver. Is there a work around or any update on a when this issue will be resolved?

Thanks,

E

Question Info

Last updated February 13, 2018 Views 6,288 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Elden,

We appreciate you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are not able to upgrade to Windows 10.

If you want to upgrade to Windows 10 on your PC or tablet, here are the minimum hardware you’ll need.

1. RAM:

1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit

2. Hard disk space:

16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS

3. Graphics card:

DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver

4. Display:

800x600

I suggest you to check whether your computer meet the minimum system requirements to upgrade to Windows 10. If your system doesn’t meet the system requirements, I suggest you to contact the device manufacturer for further updates related Windows 10.Refer the below article to check the Specification about upgrade to Windows 10 operating System.

Specifications http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/Windows-10-specifications#langs

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Kiran Kishore,

I having the same problem with my HP envy.

I have make the reserve update before and check the compatibility, and the result show no problem.

Some how today received the same message like Elden

Sorry this didn't help.

It looks like Intel will be updating this driver after all. The question is when?

https://twitter.com/IntelSupport/status/626691582297817089

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Read on www.intel.com

The Driver Update is Intel Graphics Media Accelerator it is BETA and is a part of Windows Update.

I have the same Problem. No Update from Windows-Update.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi I have a Samsung ativ tab 3 (probably the same as yours) and I have the same issue, the intel media accelerator is basically the graphics card and the windows 10 requirements state a directx 9 or later graphics card, my Samsung Ativ tab 3 meets all the requirements including the one I just mentioned as it has directx 11 installed ?!?!

Also, on my laptop, I was sicking of waiting for the get windows 10 update app to tell me when my upgrade was ready so I found out you can actually download it and install it whenever you want my going to

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 I did that for my laptop and it is now running windows 10 fine!

I wonder what would happen if you attempted to install windows 10 on the ativ tab using this method???

If anyone tries doing this PLEASE let me know how it goes

Sorry this didn't help.

I have just installed it using the method you said on my Ativ Tab 3 (I put the ISO on the microSD card) and did an in place upgrade.

It goes through, so far all OK, however the video card is installed as a Microsoft Basic card, and as a result, everything a little choppy.

Local video playback seems fine.

Plex across the internet (from my home server) a bit choppy but could be bandwidth issue.

I will let you know if I have any real issues but so far all good.

It shouldn't be long till intel come up with Windows 10 drivers though.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same issue here, my machine meets the requirements, except the Intel(r) graphics accelerator issue.  Please get this fixed.  I have spent a bunch of time looking at intel updates, and updates from my computer manufacturer but to no avail.  Come on MS.

Sorry this didn't help.

"Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you."

On a Asus Vivo Tablet with Win8.1 I have the same issue. Up until yesterday the Win10 upgrade check was fine and I was able to register for the upgrade. Now that I am really keen on doing the upgrade suddenly it is supposed to not be possible anymore. I was really looking forward to getting my hands on Win10 and now this. Not exactly encouraging that after all that time working on Win10 Intel and MS can't even manage something basic like a graphic driver of 1-2 year old devices to work in Win10

Please Intel and MS, fix this ASAP in a fashion that does not require me do dig around in forums and do weird hacks.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same issue. this problem only showed up this morning (7-31-15). Microsoft, you need to reevaluate whether your upgrade app is running properly. This problem is too common on machines that run Win 8.1 fine.

Sorry this didn't help.

I see an intel(r) in updates this morning.  Slide screen right, and search updates.  Had to select my updates and installing now, will edit this post if this solves the issue.  I have an Asus vivotab running 8.1 now.

Sorry this didn't help.