I have a reserved reply, and still no icon. how?

Yesterday I clicked the button to reserve win 10 and I was just asked to give my email for a return confirmation. But I never actually had an icon. I comp. Is fully up to date with specs. I'm running 8.1 pro. I did get a confirmation saying 10 will be available to me July 29th. But it too also states I should have an icon.? Any answers? Will I still get my copy?

Question Info

Last updated December 27, 2017 Views 215 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Erik,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

Microsoft is making Windows 10 available as free upgrade for qualified Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows Phone 8.1 devices. It will be available starting July 29, 2015; people can reserve their free upgrade today.

You only have time until July 29, 2016 to take advantage of this offer. Once you upgrade, you have Windows 10 for free on that device.

When you reserve, you can confirm your device is compatible with Windows 10. Between reservation and when your upgrade is ready, the files you need for the upgrade will be downloaded to your PC to make the final installation go more quickly. Then, when your upgrade is ready after July 29, 2015, you get a notification that lets you get started with your upgrade.

Once Windows 10 is available, we’ll begin notifying devices that their free upgrade is available. Just open the Get Windows 10 app to schedule your upgrade. Note: Some notifications will go out as soon as Windows 10 is available; others may go out in the weeks or months following.

Article for reference.

Windows 10 FAQ: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-faq

Keep us informed to help you further.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.