How Can I Run the Windows 10 Compatibility Test Again?

I have added a few programs or apps since the Windows 10 App ran its compatibility test in the background. How can I prompt it to run again so that I can see if my newly installed software, one of which is AVG Protection Pro, will be compatible with the Windows 10 upgrade? I also want to recheck my hardware since I have an integrated video device and am not sure if it will properly support Windows 10 especially since I have been having occasional trouble with one of my video drivers since the Windows 10 App installed itself (which kinda erked me). Please note that I have already gone to the Windows 10 App menu and I have a "ready to go" option instead of a "run compatibility test" option.

Thanks in Advance

Jabber Yakker

Question Info

Last updated December 9, 2019 Views 218,034 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
You can force it to rerun the test by going to the command prompt and entering
schtasks.exe /Run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"

105 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

No need to run manually and check the upgrade status again and again, it will let you know automatically if any of your application needs attention. Get  Windows 10 app automatically scans your PC as scheduled after getting triggered by task scheduler a system tool program which is a windows utility. the report will update itself according to server response. To know more about how scanning report works follow the link http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/what-compatiblity-report-means?ocid=win10_auxapp_ReportCovers_%20compatibility . So no worries. 

For your hardware issue I would suggest you to update your device driver, this can be done in the following ways:

1)go to windows update window and perform check for updates but before that ensure that you are also getting updates for other products from Microsoft.  if everything is just fine then you should see a driver update in the optional section or in the important updates section. install it and you are good to go without any problem.

2)open the device manager from control panel and if you see any yellow question mark in front of a device that might need your attention, click on it and then from the toolbar above select update driver software. a window will open and then select search automatically... and its done.

3)if step 1 and 2 doesn't work then you have to gather information about device and download the driver from the manufacturer's  website.

Devyog Vashisht

49 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.