g3258 deathloop

There is something real serious and something really wrong with Windows 10 since the build's after 10130 concerning the G3258 in particular - I have my own plea for help in a thread looking to get real answers on this.  I mean no disrespect, but the above links are for the most part generic and useless answers that doesn't address the core problem here.

And speaking of cores, from what I know (I didn't discover this solution), that's the problem AND the solution.  All builds after 10130 seem to not run the G3258 with BOTH CORES ENABLED - but, in your bios, if you enable ONLY ( 1 ) coreyour system will update and run naturally, albeit not as fast, but it will run 10240, and not go into that 'death loop' at restart a lot of G3258 users have experienced.  Good Luck with this, good luck to us all, as it seems no one at MS is interested in attacking this G3258 issue directly...

how to fix this problem?

Hello Maksim,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft community.

I would like to know some information about the issue so that we could help you better.

What is the make and model of the computer?

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your efforts towards resolving it.

Please refer to suggestions from max green replied on July 4, 2015 and check the issue.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/cant-install-windows-10-build-10162-on-gigabyte/5be9d4ec-fdc4-47bd-9eb6-5b26806cba59

Important notes:
After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps from section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting” to reset the computer to start as usual.

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious

problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk. 

I highly recommend backing up all of your important files and folders onto an external storage device before attempting any type of OS repair or upgrade.

I hope this information helps.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

im using g3258 cpu on H81m-e33 motherboard with latest bios. VGA is gigabyte gtx 660. i think this problem begun after this update June 2015 Intel CPU microcode... everything works with 1 core enabled or default OC settings. but if i enable 2 cores and OC cpu ist deathloop ant windows logo. need fix for that or maybe its posible somehow unnistall this update on windows 10 10240???

Sorry this didn't help.

no this max green solution didnt helped me out

Sorry this didn't help.

Nor me (ASUS H81M-PLUS mobo). Running a search here there are other threads on this- maybe they should be combined?

Sorry this didn't help.

See here for ASRock's solution to what appears to be caused by a Microsoft update (KB3064209). 

Sorry this didn't help.

SET BIOS TO SINGLE CORE

1.- Enter bios
2.- Go to "Advance" option
3.- Click on "CPU Configuration"
4.- Click on "Active Processor Cores
5.- Choose "1"
6.- Go to "Exit"
7.- Select "Save and exit"
8.- Boot from windows installation media and install normally

RENAME FILE
1.- Once on windows go to C:\Windows\System32
2.- Search for a file named "mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll"
3.- Follow this guide to Take Ownership (Permission) of the file
http://www.askvg.com/guide-how-to-take-ownership-permission-of-a-file-or-folder-manually-in-windows/
4.- Once you get permisson, change the file name "mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll" to "OLDmcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll"or everything else.
5.- Reboot
6.- Enter bios
7.- Go to "Exit"
8.- Select "Load UEFI defaults
9.- Select "Save and exit"

Sorry this didn't help.

This now seems sorted, at least in Build 10547 for me (I'm on Insider Preview). Can anyone else confirm?

Sorry this didn't help.

Intel does not support overclocking the g3258 with certain boards/chipsets.  Some mobo manufacturers (or at least Asus) exploited a bug in the Intel microcode to get around it.  Intel replied with updated microcode which was implemented in KB3064209 and restored the g3258 to design-intent condition. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Intel replied with updated microcode which was implemented in KB3064209 and restored the g3258 to design-intent condition. 

Then since all is now well with the G3258 overclocking on H81 boards (at least my ASUS H81M PLUS) with MS Build 10547, I'm looking to see whether anyone can confirm this.

In which case, MS (or Intel or both, and thanks) reversed direction, since mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll as included in Build 10547 works for me.

LATE EDIT: Someone else confirmed it works and with a B85 board too! Marvelous!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Maksim,

Thank you for your reply.

I am very sorry for late response.

I appreciate your time.

I hope that the issue got resolved.

However, modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Thank you

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 31, 2017 Views 656 Applies to: