CPU not supported.

I ran the check to see if my PC is compatible with Windows 10. It says that my CPU is not compatible. I have an Intel i7 3820 @ 3.60GHz. Is it a bug? Will this become compatible or am I stuck with windows 8.1?
Answer
Answer

I get the same message, i have a I7 4790K processor in my system.

Checked the bios settings if NX is enabled, did a full reïnstall of Win 8.1 but nothing works.  I know that my system easily can handle Win 10, so this must be a bug or something.

Update:

==============================================================================

The initial release of the Microsoft tool that checks system upgrade compatibility had some issues and was replaced on 6/2. A fix was released that will show under optional updates that you need to download and install from Windows Update if not installed automaticallyMicrosoft is currently moving the fix to recommended in WU.

Windows 8.x  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2976978

Windows 7 SP1 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2952664

You can verify this fix was installed by Viewing Installed updates.

After verifying the fix was installed you can re-run the Compatibility Appraiser. This will happen automatically within a day or it can be run manually from an admin command prompt:

schtasks.exe /Run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"

Once started, it may take 10 minutes or so for the appraiser to complete. Once complete, re-open the Get Windows 10 app and it will have the updated compatibility information

==============================================================================

I re-runned the compatibility Appraiser manually from the command prompt, waited 10 minutes and restarted my PC.

The message that my CPU isnt supported dissapeared, instead i see the message that my PC is ready.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

We would like to know whether the issue has been fixed or not. If you're still facing the issue, then I would suggest you to go through the response by "Sylv3se" on "June 10, 2015" in the previous section of this thread and install the updates for Windows 7 as suggested by him. It should fix the issue.

Let us know if you still encounter the problem and we'll be happy to help you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 8, 2024 Views 42,736 Applies to: