Windows 10 licence

My activated version of Windows 10 have been popping up a message "Your windows licence are going to expire soon", but when I check activation status in settings it says that all is fine.
I reinstalled windows shorty after buying, but since my laptop didn`t have any cd drive or flash usb I thought that licence is OEM, but message still popped out after like 4-6 months.
Answer
Answer

Text "Activated using your organization's activation server" on your screenshot refer to use of Volume license. Those licenses are used in large organizations to activate multiple PC's with one "license". That type of license required to connect organization KMS server regular basis to remain active. 

To make sure that's the case open Command Prompt (CMD) and give command slmgr /dlv,

if popup dialog show VOLUME_KMSCLIET then it's not OEM or Retail license.

Computers with Windows activated using volume license should not be sold to individual users.

Read more about license types:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/49586-determine-if-windows-license-type-oem-retail-volume.html#:~:text=The%20most%20common%20license%20types,the%20Microsoft%20Software%20License%20Terms.

Update = Replace old bugs with new ones.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 19, 2021 Views 42 Applies to: