Microsoft 365 Business - Activating Windows 10 Pro

Microsoft 365 Business (not Office 365, but M365) still includes a subscription to Windows 10 Pro, right??

The M365 Plans page had previously shown that the "Business" version included a license to both the Office Products and Windows 10 Pro.  I purchased the licenses, joined my company's PC's to the Azure AD on that tenant and ended up with a bunch of inactivated Windows PC's.  The previous parent org licensed these machines via an EA license.  

My CSP is utterly useless and keeps quoting Microsoft websites about using M365 to upgrade Pro to Enterprise - but that's not what I'm trying to do.  

A single one of my PC's, that I forced to update to 1809 did activate and shows my Edition as "Windows 10 Business" and my Subscription as "Windows 10 Business subscription is active."   But all of my other PCs are only updating to 1803, and say that the Activation Server is unavailable.   But everything I find says the activation should be automatic for 1709 and above.

Now I'm panicking a bit because Microsoft updated their M365 page (

https://products.office.com/en-us/business/small-business-solutions?lml=false) and removed any reference to Windows 10 in the features list.  

So does anyone know what happened?  Is it still included?  Or did MS change their minds and pull it?   And if it is included, how do I get it to activate?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Reagan

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Yes, Microsoft 365 Business does include desktop versions of Office 365 and Windows 10 (the Business edition you mentioned). It includes support for up to 300 seats.

Source: https://products.office.com/en-us/business/smal...

Technical support is available with your purchase and I recommend you contact them so they can investigate the issue with your account.

Here is the contact number:
1 855-270-0615
Best regards,
Andre Da Costa
Independent Advisor for Directly

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 20, 2023 Views 4,694 Applies to: