lost product key

i bought Windows 10 for my first PC build but once i put it all together, i lost the product key pamhlet, ive dug through my trash, ive scoured everywhere ive been and i cant find it, is there another way to validate my key when i can prove proof of sale through a retailer. i just dont want to dump another $108 on it again. any help?
Hi Jacob -

I'm Jerico T., one of the Independent Advisor and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand that you're having some issues right now and I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Let us sort things out.

Where did you purchase the product key? Is your product key used before on your computer? If so, you can try to check if the key is associated with your Microsoft account.

If your product key is associated with your Microsoft account before then you can use your email to activate your windows thru Digital License. A digital license (called a digital entitlement in Windows 10, Version 1511) is a method of activation in Windows 10 that doesn't require you to enter a product key.

Please follow the steps below in activating your machine using digital license.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12440/....

Hope this help. Have a good day.

Thank you.
Jerico T.
Independent Advisor

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Jacob -

I'm Jerico T., one of the Independent Advisor and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand that you're having some issues right now and I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Let us sort things out.

Where did you purchase the product key? Is your product key used before on your computer? If so, you can try to check if the key is associated with your Microsoft account.

If your product key is associated with your Microsoft account before then you can use your email to activate your windows thru Digital License. A digital license (called a digital entitlement in Windows 10, Version 1511) is a method of activation in Windows 10 that doesn't require you to enter a product key.

Please follow the steps below in activating your machine using digital license.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12440/....

Thank you.
Jerico T.
Independent Advisor
i got my Key from Amazon.com it was my first time with windows on the computer, it was the first build for a pc ive done, everything was bought new.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jacob -

Thanks for the reply and apologies on the delayed on mine.

If you purchase the product key to Amazon.com then you should be presented with a receipt sent on your email before. The email should contain the product details or order. Did you try checking with amazon if they can check and recover the key for you?

If the key was used before then we might be able to recover it using the Microsoft account where your key is associated. If the key was never used then possibility is slim in recovering the key since it is never been used.

Thank you.
Jerico T.
Independent Advisor

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 30, 2021 Views 112 Applies to: