JASC paint shop pro 9

My mother has used paint shop pro 9 for years and everything has worked great till about December 22, 2017 when an update was done and now it will not work.  I have uninstalled paint shop, reinstalled it.  I have even factory restored her computer and those 2 updates KB4057247 and KB4054022 is still on there.  I even have updates disabled at the moment.   When reinstalling it, it would freeze on registering modules.  Paint shop 7 and 8 and animation shop all work.  It's just 9 that will not work.  She is running Windows 10.  I also have Windows 10 on my laptop and I installed paint shop 9 (from the same cd I am using on hers) and it works on my computer.

I set up another user and switched users and got paint shop pro 9 to install but it will not open. 

I know a little about computers but not a whole lot.  So if anyone can help, I need it simple.  Any help will be greatly appreciated because I'm ready to take a hammer to her computer.  

Thanks

Cindy

Answer
Answer

Sorry it took so long to get back with you.  But sickness and then ice and snow and couldn't get her computer to the shop.  

But I took it in and it was an Intel driver that was messing up paint shop pro 9.  He installed an older Intel driver and paint shop pro 9 now works.

Thanks again for all the help.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 31, 2023 Views 827 Applies to: