Help Correct error: change adult account to child account

There MUST BE an answer to this problem.  I set up our xbox six months ago, and -although I set up an account for each of my sons- the older one, who thought he knew what he was doing, started to use my account.. and is still using that account, as it is where he has amassed treasure and what have you in the various games he plays.  (trust me, he's not that devious just yet)  As for me, I'm not a user or gamer and likely never will be.

Two months into trying to manage screen time, I learned about family accounts and that the xbox, itself, could limit screen time....Great news!... but he is using an adult account.  My adult account that i didn't care about is now a problem.  I cannot place time limits on myself, for i am an adult.  So I need to have child accounts.... but i had set them up already and the kids weren't using them. 

Let me be clear that this isn't about content.  This isn't about using my credit card to buy more an more and more. It's about TIME LIMITS.   Fixing this problem hasn't been my sole purpose in life, but it is becoming a more and more grating issue in my home.  In short, I want two child accounts and my adult account.

I have pursued a solution through Microsoft and it seems that I cannot do the simple thing i'd like to do: 

Transfer all the information in the adult account, including the ...stuff that's been created and earned in his virtual worlds... to a child's account.  I'd be happy to create a new one. I don't care.  I just want to change the adult status without erasing his forza and minecraft settings, etc.

Solutions that i can imagine:

1.  Copy (& paste) all the xbox account info from the current adult account into a new account. A child's account. (seems easy)

2.  Create an adult account that can operate ABOVE the current xbox accounts. (that seems complicated.)

3. Reprogram the current adult account to be a child's account. (I think this is impossible without erasing account "stuff.")

Thanks for any help. 

Answer
Answer
Hi,

We would like to assist you with this concern, however, this issue is beyond the scope of this forum, It's best that you contact Answer Desk for advanced assistance regarding account related issues.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 28, 2020 Views 115 Applies to: