Some app acitivity not showing up in parental controls recent activity page

I have set up child accounts for my children.  The website blocking and time tracking are working perfectly.  Some of the app activity is also populating and I am able to block it (like Chrome) but not all.  I know the kids have been on Minecraft multiple times in the last week, but it is not showing up in the recent activity log.  I need to get the activity to populate so I can block it for my one son who  can't stay off the program while still allowing it for the other who is fine.

Hi Troy,

Allow us to ask some questions so we can properly isolate the issue.

Is the concern of not seeing the logs exclusive to Minecraft logs only? Did you check the logs on the parent account? While waiting for your reply, please check out this link for setting up restrictions: Set the Right Limits for your Child.

By the way, did you also consider blocking the app through the router?

We're here for your feedback.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, I'm logged on to my account and have clicked on my son's information.  I know I am on the parent account because I can see the block/unblock options.  It appears I can see other apps (edge, word, java, chrome, adobe connect, 3D builder, mail & calendar, etc) and the usage of each.  The only one it appears I can't see is Minecraft.  I don't necessarily care about seeing the log except that I can't block it until the system registers that it is being used.  I don't want to block it on the router because I want to allow my other child to play on his account. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Are the kids using two (2) different computers, or, are we talking about 1 computer only? Did you try to log-in to the child account that you would want to set restrictions to and configure the allowed sites from there? By the way, have you also checked out the link given above?

We're here for your feedback.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Minecraft is java-based and at least for my kids appears as "Java Runtime (javaw.eve)". Hopefully blocking java doesn't impact any other apps your children might use.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 29, 2023 Views 709 Applies to: