How to I add an application to "Blocked apps & games" section of Microsoft Account, Family tab

I created my children's accounts under my MS account. I accidentally removed Chrome from the "Blocked apps & games" section. How do I add it back? Did not see any option to do so. It is kinda stupid to give people the ability to remove an app without the ability to add one.
|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Charles,

If you had previously set up family features for a child account and unable to block a certain app, there are a few steps you need to take to turn on family settings again. Kindy follow the steps provided by Guru Kiran G on this link.

You can also try the article below as an alternative for your concern:

Set up family features on Windows 10

Regards.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks Alden but it is not helpful. My issue is on the Family page, there is no way for me to ADD an application to be blocked. I can only remove apps like Firefox and Chrome. And I accidentally removed Chrome. Now I want to add Chrome back as Blocked, but am unable to do so.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If the first solution did not work for you,  Kindly follow the steps provided by A. User on this link. It will guide you step-by-step on how to block a certain app on your computer.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am not sure which post you are referring to. Are you referring to his this post (pasted below)? That's the only step-by-step how to I can find.

I exactly went to the Family page. I am talking about there is no option to add Chrome back to the "Blocked apps & games" section in that page, since I accidentally removed it. Am I not clear enough in my initial post? Seems you don't understand my question and are just throwing general procedures about Microsoft Family at me. 

I just need an answer to tell me where to find the "Add app" button. I don't need some general step to step guide. I am an IT person, I can look at the app and figure out things myself. In this case, apparently some button is missing.

1. On your Windows 10 PC, select the Start  button, then select Settings  > Accounts  > Family & other users. (You'll need to be signed in to Windows with a Microsoft account. Here's how to do that.)

2. Select Add a family member.

3. Select Add a child or Add an adult.

4. Type the email address of the person to send them an invitation to join. If they don't have an email address, clickThe person I want to invite doesn’t have an email address and follow the directions to set up a new account.

5. After they've accepted the email invitation, have them sign in to Windows 10 using the same email address you sent the invitation to.

Manage family settings

After you've added a child to your family on Windows, here's how you manage their activity.

1. On your Windows 10 PC, select the Start  button, then select Settings  > Accounts  > Family & other users.

2. Select Manage family settings online. This will open a website where you can manage settings.

3. You'll see a list of any children you've added. Select the child whose settings you want to manage.

4. Select settings to turn on for your child's account:

• Recent activity allows you to see what websites they've been visiting, what apps and games they've been using, and how much time they've been spending on their devices.

• Web browsing lets you choose what websites your child can and can't see.

• Apps & games allows you to limit the apps and games your child can download from the Windows Store. It also lets you unblock any app or game you’ve blocked previously.

• Screen time allows you to set the maximum amount of time they can spend on their devices.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you tried the steps yet? Kindly give us a feedback to us once your done.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Do you understand my previous reply? I said "I exactly went to the Family page", which is what the "steps" tell people to do basically. Nothing much on what can be done for each settings after reaching the page. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

👌

I created my children's accounts under my MS account. I accidentally removed Chrome from the "Blocked apps & games" section. How do I add it back? Did not see any option to do so. It is kinda stupid to give people the ability to remove an app without the ability to add one.
Ok

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Alden but it is not helpful. My issue is on the Family page, there is no way for me to ADD an application to be blocked. I can only remove apps like Firefox and Chrome. And I accidentally removed Chrome. Now I want to add Chrome back as Blocked,
but am unable to do so.

Microsoft, I did this exactly same thing and ran into the exact same problem.

I sort of get why you wouldn't be able to let me block any random app application, but if you let me Unblock a specific application, give me a way to Reblock it afterwards.

I've wasted an unreasonable amount of time trying to work around what is essentially poor usability design. 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the exact same problem .. how to reblock Chrome Again. WE NEED a clear answer from Microsoft support. 

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Blocking third-party browsers is an automatic side-effect of turning on the Block inappropriate websites feature. To turn this feature on, follow these steps:

1. Login using the parent account of your Microsoft family here.
  2. Select your child's account.
  3. Click Web browsing from the left pane, under Recent activity.
  4. Switch Block inappropriate websites to On. The following description will appear: “To protect your child, we’ve only given them access to Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer. All other commonly used browsers are blocked. If you want your child to have access to other browsers, go to Apps & games page under Blocked apps."

After following these steps, all browsers except for Edge and Internet Explorer are automatically blocked.

Let us know if you have any other concerns about Microsoft Family.

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 10, 2021 Views 3,927 Applies to: