trying to sign in to cortana

trying to sign in to cortana it wont let me it just keeps asking me to sign in it has been sign in befor had proplems with puter now it wont let me what do i do

Hi Shirley,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft community. I will be glad to assist you.

Since when are you  facing this issue?

Cortana requires you to sign into a Microsoft Account (MSA) in order to provide the best digital assistance experience.  During the setup screens for Cortana, you are guided through the process of signing in with an existing MSA or creating a new MSA.  The account you were using to sign into Windows 7 is referred to as a local account, and Cortana requires local account users to switch to an MSA as the primary login to their computer. 

In order to complete the sign in process, you’ll be asked to ‘Enter your old password one last time’.  Here, it is asking you to enter the password for your local account – the one you previously used to sign into your computer prior to encountering these screens.  After you enter this password one last time, you will then use your MSA to log into your computer going forward.  Cortana will no longer require you to log in separately and you will have full access to all MSA-enabled experiences and services available in Windows 10.  

For reference: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_cortana/cortana-question/8131be46-69e9-44f7-adae-0f6d2f32fe79

Fell free to post your query in Microsoft Community. We are happy to help!

Thanks & Regards
Joy

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I was sign to it now it wont let me sign on now itry to it just ask me to sign on again it keeps doing that I don't no what to do

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is a brand new laptop cloudbook that i have just bought, and I have had one windows 7 computer over 5 years ago, and 2 windows 8 laptops to which i both used with the same Microsoft account. Now when i started my computer it asked me to create a windows 10 local account and i chose the username and password that i wanted. then, I attempted to open cortana, to which it asked me to login to microsoft account. I logged in, and it was fine, but the next screen told me to enter my password again, the inside bar said old password, i assumed the password i had before my current password, but before that it said my current microsoft password. so i entered my current password from when i had windows 8 my only microsoft windows account, and it said that the password was incorrect. I tried several times. I even tried adding the account from account settings and it gave me the same response. I tried using the password I had previously on the same account as best as I could remember, and I tried entering the password I had with windows 7 when I was using my windows 7. nothing worked. I even created a new account and it didnt work! I am very dissapointed with this company I have never used any other type of my computer in my entire life as my own even when I was in kindergarten I was using windows 98 and playing cd games, I have invested all of my years into this type of system and to see so many problems when it is supposed to be improved is deppressing to see this generations work fail so simply with the smallest of bugs that should have been removed from the beginning. This problem needs to be fixed without me having to go through what seems to be like a never ending series of complicated steps to mess around with a laptop that should be simple and easy to use, I almost bought a chromebook, but since I love windows so much I had to buy it, and even tho i prefer this cloudbook it is seeming to be infinitely more complicated to use than I could ever imagine it would be. Windows 8 was very different and had a few annoyances but i got used to them and was very happy with my purchase. I am not returning this laptop and I need someone from the otherside to help with this problem. I cannot use cortana until this problem is fixed and I would absolutely love to. I am not paying for your mistake. I am a good customer and I deserve good service.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

how to sig in wit Cortana

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Shirley,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft community. I will be glad to assist you.

Since when are you  facing this issue?

Cortana requires you to sign into a Microsoft Account (MSA) in order to provide the best digital assistance experience. 
During the setup screens for Cortana, you are guided through the process of signing in with an existing MSA or creating a new MSA.  The account you were using to sign into Windows 7 is referred to as a local account, and Cortana requires local account
users to switch to an MSA as the primary login to their computer. 

In order to complete the sign in process, you’ll be asked to ‘Enter your old password one last time’.  Here, it is asking you to enter the password for your local account – the one you
previously used to sign into your computer prior to encountering these screens. 
After you enter this password one last time, you will then use your MSA to log into your computer going forward.  Cortana will no longer require you to log in separately and you will have full access to all MSA-enabled experiences and services available
in Windows 10.  

For reference:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_cortana/cortana-question/8131be46-69e9-44f7-adae-0f6d2f32fe79

Fell free to post your query in Microsoft Community. We are happy to help!

thank you  I am very  grateful  what a blessing ! #2 could you tell me how to or where to go for fixing my email address and password?

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 16, 2021 Views 2,496 Applies to: