Cortana sign in problem?

When I open Cortana, I was asked to sign in with a Microsoft Account. But when I clicked the "Sign in", a black windows appeared in 3-4s then closed and I could not sign in!

I have had this problem for 3-4 weeks. Please help me!

(I tried SFC but it said my computer is normal, no corruppted files were found)

Hi Jack,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I will be glad to assist you.

I suggest you to follow these methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run DISM tool and check the issue. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + X keys and click command prompt (admin).

b. Type the following command in command prompt and press Enter.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth.DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth.

Method 2: Powershell.

1. Open the Task manager.  Here’s a tip:  Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
2. Click File > Run New Task
3. Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
4. Type PowerShell
5. Type the following in the PowerShell prompt:
$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml’; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
6. Close the PowerShell window
7. Reboot

If the issue still persists try below steps.

Place the computer in Safe mode and if the issue does not occur place the computer in Clean Boot and check

for the issue.

Step 1:  Safe mode.

With the Windows Startup Settings screen (formerly advanced boot options) you can start Windows in different advanced troubleshooting modes so you can find and fix problems on your PC.

To log in safe mode, run command (press windows logo button+R) and type “msconfig”

A pop-up window will open and click on boot tap and select safe mode with minimal as option

If the issue does not arise here move to step 2

Step 2: Clean Boot.

Perform a clean boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts. Follow these steps given in the link below to start the computer in clean boot

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 

Warning: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Regards,

Rakesh.

Rakesh C N

Microsoft Community.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 2, 2022 Views 389 Applies to: