my Windows Search / Cortana is not working anymore, all of the sudden.
- before the Anniversary Update was installed, Cortana was disabled
- after the Anniversary Update was installed, Cortana was still disabled, however I managed to activate her using the "Cortana Fix Tool". I did this after the Windows search stopped showing results.
- Taskbar and start menu are responsive
- however Cortana doesn't show anything but a grey box saying "What's next?".
- When searching something, no results are shown, instead I only see a white box.
- When using voice commands, Cortana says it is not connected to the Internet (which is not the case, I think this is just a result of another problem).
- When using Repair on "Search and Indexing" it says "Incorrect Permissions" for the /ProgramData/Windows/Search folder, however on another system, where everything is working fine, this error occurs as well, thus probably is unrelated to the problem.
- Under System/Privacy/Location it says "Position History has to be enabled for Cortana to work", however I have no switch to enable it.
Attempted Solutions with no success:
- System Reboot
- DISM and SFC Scan (no issues found)
- Powershell Redeployment of Cortana and other Appx
- Registry fix of "BingSearchEnabled" etc.
- Windows Search Service Restarted
- Rebuild Search Index
Attempted Solutions with partial success:
- created a new User account "Test". On his account Cortana works fine. However ditching my main account IS NO SOLUTION for me.
Given this info, I conclude that some Cortana files (Cache/Settings) are broken. Please advice on how to fix them.