Cortana not showing and search is not working properly in Windows 10.

I have installed windows 10 two weeks ago and still i cant find cortana  in whole system.Even there is some problem with search also, as i cannot search for windows setting like- windows update,folder option, display setting etc.

My windows is up to date as of 3:42 GMT 19 AUG

Hi Nishant,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know the region where do you live.

Cortana is available in the following countries/regions: China, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, and United States. Cortana is available in these languages: Chinese (Simplified), English (U.K.), English (U.S.), French, Italian, German, and Spanish 

To use Cortana, all these settings must be set to the same language:

1) Languages (this is your device language)

2) Speech language (language pack must be installed)

3) Country or region

Note: If you change your region, you might not be able to shop at Store, or use things you've purchased, like memberships and subscriptions, games, movies, TV, and music.

If any of these functions like Start Menu, Settings, Search, Cortana, Microsoft Edge, Action Center and other Windows components are not responding, follow these below methods and check if it helps: 

Method 1:

1. Open the Task manager.  Here’s a tip:  Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.

2. Click File > Run New Task

3. Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

4. Type Powershell

5. Type the following in the Powershell prompt:
    $manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest

6. Close the Powershell window

7. Reboot the computer and check if it helps.

If the issue still persist, follow the below method.

Method 2:

1. Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select Command prompt (admin).

2. Enter the below commands one by one and hit Enter key. These commands will check and repair if there are any corrupted files 

Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Sfc /scannow

3. As above, if this reports problems that cannot be fixed, stop here. There may be a memory or hard drive issue.

4. Now enter the below command in Command prompt (admin) prompt. 

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

5. It will open the PowerShell window.

6. Now enter the below command and hit Enter key.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} |    Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok, as i live in India i have to leave the first problem 

But, still trying both method i cannot use search properly i.e. i can search for files and desktop programs (edge, control panel etc. ) but i cannot search for windows setting i.e. device manager, windows update,folder option, display setting etc.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 4, 2021 Views 2,451 Applies to: