Not able to Connect laptop to Samsung Smart TV for screen mirroring

Hi. 

I am facing an issue while Connecting laptop to Samsung Smart TV. The idea is to do mirroring laptop to smart tv. Just to be clear I want to mirror laptop screen (the browser contents like I am playing some online tutorials/movies in Chrome in laptop) and want that to be mirrored to TV. Smart TV apps only letting me to display laptop contents (files and folders alone and not browser) to TV which I do not need.

I have been trying to Add the TV to laptop. (Start -> Settings -> Devices -> Bluetooth & other Device -> Add Bluetooth or Other device)

I am seeing the Samsung TV and trying to connect it. It is just trying to connect and never really gets connects even after waiting for an hour.

Details are :

Samsung Smart TV

Laptop is HP Envy

Windows 10

Both my TV and Laptop are connected to same wireless wifi.

Just to note here that I am perfectly able to connect my mobile screen to Samsung tv. But with laptop I am not able to do mirroring. Not sure what the problem is with laptop mirroring to tv.

Can anyone please tell me how to resolve it? Thanks.

|

Hi. 

I am facing an issue while Connecting laptop to Samsung Smart TV. The idea is to do mirroring laptop to smart tv. Just to be clear I want to mirror laptop screen (the browser contents like I am playing some online tutorials/movies in Chrome in laptop) and want that to be mirrored to TV. Smart TV apps only letting me to display laptop contents (files and folders alone and not browser) to TV which I do not need.

I have been trying to Add the TV to laptop. (Start -> Settings -> Devices -> Bluetooth & other Device -> Add Bluetooth or Other device)

I am seeing the Samsung TV and trying to connect it. It is just trying to connect and never really gets connects even after waiting for an hour.

Details are :

Samsung Smart TV

Laptop is HP Envy

Windows 10

Both my TV and Laptop are connected to same wireless wifi.

Just to note here that I am perfectly able to connect my mobile screen to Samsung tv. But with laptop I am not able to do mirroring. Not sure what the problem is with laptop mirroring to tv.

Can anyone please tell me how to resolve it? Thanks.

Hello,

Have you tried adding the Smart TV as wireless display at Start -> Settings -> Devices -> Bluetooth & other Device?

What exactly happens when you press Windows key + P or click Action Center > Connect? 

Regards.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Microsoft MVP (Windows IT Pro), since 2014 · Windows Insider MVP · Windows Help (www.kapilarya.com)

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Don't mind but I have already explained in the initial message that its taking forever to connect wirelessly. I had waited for close to an hour time to get it connected with both the procedure (1. Start -> Settings -> Devices -> Bluetooth & other Device and 2. Windows key + P or click Action Center > Connect). I have infact tried restarting both laptop and tv and tried multiple times with these procedure but all in vain. 

Can you please suggest what could be the problem?

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Don't mind but I have already explained in the initial message that its taking forever to connect wirelessly. I had waited for close to an hour time to get it connected with both the procedure (1. Start -> Settings -> Devices -> Bluetooth & other Device and 2. Windows key + P or click Action Center > Connect). I have infact tried restarting both laptop and tv and tried multiple times with these procedure but all in vain. 

Can you please suggest what could be the problem?

Thanks for reply.

I suggest you to update display drivers and see if it helps:

• Right-click on the Windows icon on the bottom left of your screen.
  • Choose Device Manager
  • Once the Device Manager opens up, look for Display adapter
  • Expand it by clicking the arrow (>) pointing to the right. 
  • Right click on your HD Graphics driver and choose Update Driver Software.

Let us know if this helps!

Reference: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-update-miracast-drivers/62890595-28a5-4326-8be2-40925293788e

• ___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Microsoft MVP (Windows IT Pro), since 2014 · Windows Insider MVP · Windows Help (www.kapilarya.com)

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 19, 2021 Views 22,062 Applies to: