Miracast broken after Fall Creators Update

I have an HP Spectre Elite laptop with Intel HD 520 graphics. Prior to the update I was able to cast to a Miracast device. After the update I did not cast for a month and just happened to wipe the prior OS version to save space on my SSD. The Intel Graphics driver is from June 2017, the WiFi is from October 2017. The Miracast shows with HDCP support and the rest of the hardware seems to function normally. With hidden devices selected in the device manager there are none marked as having problems.

I really need this laptop to function with my Screenbeam Mini2 which incidentally has been updated to the latest firmware.

I have heard the Miracast v2 driver might work instead of the V3 (which has a 2006 date on it). I did a search and the only places listing the V2 driver were pretty sketchy and seemed to only want to install a driver search tool AKA spyware. Is there anyway to troubleshoot the Miracast handshake? I haven't come up with anything. The Actiontec guys were not helpful beyond saying yep - that's not us it's Microsoft's fault. Our device is waiting to complete the link.

Suggestions?

|
Answer
Answer

Hi Jon,

Miracast is a wireless technology that you can use to project your screen to TVs, projectors, and streaming media. Issues with Miracast likely occur due to a corrupted driver. Let's troubleshoot your issue by performing the following steps:

1. Run this troubleshooter for hardware and devices. The troubleshooter will try to identify and resolve issues automatically related to using your device.
  2. Uninstall your display adapter. To do so, refer to this link. Afterwards, scan for hardware changes. Here's how: Go to Device Manager > Action > Scan for hardware changes.
  3. Update your display adapter. Check this link for the steps on how to update a driver. If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try checking for one on your device manufacturer's website.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 31, 2019 Views 964 Applies to: