Cannot project my PC to Xbox One.

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Wireless Display app to project my Win10 desktop to my Xbox One, but I'm having no luck.

I have no problems going the other way and can display the Xbox on my PC using the 'Xbox Console Companion', but I'm getting nowhere with the Wireless Display app on the Xbox.

The problem seems to be at the PC end.

I run the app on the Xbox and get the initial blue screen there. No Problem.
Now, if I've read it correctly, all I should have to do on my PC is hit Win + P and select "Connect to a wireless display".

When I do that though, it doesn't see my Xbox One. It sees my LG TV no problem and another device (which I presume to be my monitor), but I don't get an option for the Xbox One.

In the Settings, under 'Bluetooth and other devices', My TV shows up under "Wireless display and docks", but the 'XBOXONE' is just under "Other devices"

Is there something that I need to do? Remove the device and let my PC detect it again?

Hello RileyELF23, I'm Didi, an independent advisor.

To fix your issue where you don't see your Xbox when selecting "Connect to a wireless display" on your PC please see the answer provided by XBF Diego M, Microsoft Agent, on this thread (scroll down to see his answer) : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

Make sure to check the link of the reddit thread he provides in his answer too.

Regards,
Didi

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Thanks for that. At least I know that it should work.

Unfortunately, none of that seems to help. My PC meets requirements with miracast enabled and WiFi NdisVersion 6.70. The Xbox just doesn't show up as a device to project to.
All I can think to do will be to remove my Xbox from devices on the PC and see if re-establishing a connection helps.

<Edit>

Sadly, that didn't make any difference.

I also saw the following comment posted by someone:

I had a similar problem, I solved it by changing how my pc was connected to the network.
  •     If the xbox is connected using wifi and the pc is connected using wifi if works.
  •     If the xbox is connected using wifi and the pc is connected using lan the xbox does not show on the pc. 
  •     If the xbox is connected using wifi and the pc is connected using both wifi and lan the pc can initiate a connection to the xbox, but the xbox is stuck on a screen saying the pc is about to project. 

I'm not sure if the wireless display standard requires both devices to be connected to wifi or if this was just pure coincidence, and has more to with the ip-addresses and subnets used on different networks?

Streaming the opposite way around (form the xbox to the pc) works in all configurations.

I thought that it might offer some help, as I realised that My Xbox is on Wi-Fi and my PC on LAN, but even reverting to Wi-Fi for my PC, removing the device (xbox) and adding it again, so that the whole process was done with both console and PC on the same Wi-Fi, made no difference.

Just spitballing here and I have no idea if it means anything, but I noticed (while trying everything), that if I tried to make the wireless connection (win+p) while the Console Companion app is running, it loses it's connection to the Xbox and I have to start it's connection up again.

It's all a bit puzzling, as the 'Xbox Console Companion' stream to PC works fine, no matter how my PC is connected to the network, with it passing the connection test at all speeds. I just cannot get my PC to see the Xbox as a device to project to.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2023 Views 4,482 Applies to: