Your PC/Device needs to be repaired - Error code: 0xc0000098

Hi,

On Dell XPS 15 using Windows 10 getting the following message: 

(P.S. It appeared after the system ran updates for windows on startup. Windows was updated from 8.1 to 10 a couple of months ago and it has been working fine until before this. Moreover, I didn't get product key with this notebook.)

How can I fix it?

Regards,

Abdul

Question Info

Last updated April 25, 2019 Views 21,900 Applies to:
Answer

Win+X gives no response on this blue screen.

Actually, the only thing I can do here is to press Esc for UEFI.

In this case:

You can first boot from windows 10 installation disc, and then use it.

Boot from the Windows installation disc:

Put the Windows installation disc in the DVD Drive, and then restart the computer.

Press the "Delete" key to enter the BIOS CMOS Setup Utility, then select "Advanced BIOS Features".

Then select and set the "CDROM" as "1st Boot Device", then press F10 and then press y to save the settings and exit, then the computer reboot again.

During booting,while the following tips reveals on the bottom of the computer screen:
Boot from CD/DVD:
Press any key to boot from CD or DVD...
Follow the tips to operate, namely, press a key, then the computer boot from Windows installation disc.

Then start the Windows Setup process, in the first screen, enter your language and other preferences and click "Next" button to continue.

Then click on "Repair your computer" to enter the Windows Recovery Environment, and then boot into the Windows Recovery Environment, the "Choose an option" screen appears.

in "Choose an option" screen click on "Troubleshoot" tile.

in "Troubleshoot"screen click on "Advanced options" tile.

in "Advanced options" screen click on "Command Prompt" tile.

Please refer to my thread: Drive letters' confusion in Command Prompt window of Windows Recovery Environment

Please also refer to my thread: Don't worry about being DISMissed, hurry up to use DISM backing up your partitions.

71 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.