Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3197954) keeps failing to install on my system.
The install starts fine but while restarting claims the install has failed and reverts everything.
Windows update history only tells me that the update "failed to install".
Looking at event viewer gives more detail:
Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x800F0922: Update for Windows (KB3197954).
So far I've tried (these did not help me):
- multiple installs from windows update
- downloading it from the Microsoft Update Catalog website instead
- disabling firewalls and antivirus
- direct internet connection instead of NAT or any kind of VPN
- checking free space on recovery partition
- Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup&sfc/scannow&Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth&sfc/scannow&pause etc. (No errors from any of these)
- Disabling services before install
- (+ any other hint given in this thread before the edit date on this message)