Windows Update Error (0x8024a21e)

Who has this problem?

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x8024a21e)

I even tried troubleshooting and restarting my computer but nothing helped and solved the problem.

Hope this will be fixed. And let's make sure Microsoft will see THIS fix the problem.

P.S. I even have the problem code 0x800705b4 once the other day so until now I can't update.

Discussion Info

Last updated September 19, 2018 Views 1,882 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

i got totally same problem and i have to download the update by myself

the update fix program  (wu170509.diagcab   from:https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4027322/windows-update-troubleshooter) failded in fixing this problem, it show me that  fix failed.

Well I tried using the troubleshooter but it says that the troubleshooter can't identify the problem.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with that error. If you know someone who can fix the problem then please send this error to them. Thank you.

I have got the same issue and the Microsoft troubleshooter has been unable to fix it.

I noticed that the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) was not running even after running the troubleshooter.

I started BITS and retry Windows Update :
1. Windows Key + X on the keyboard and then select “Windows PowerShell (admin)”

2. net start bits

3. reRun Windows Update from settings

Now Windows Update seems to be working again.

I tried the same thing as you did but nothing happened. Even my BITS are pretty fine. I just hope Microsoft makes a solution out of this especially now that I report this problem on Feedback Hub.

But thanks for your suggestion.

So far the troubleshooter solved some problems but it still has some problems. Any way to fix this?

I have this same situation.  Troubleshooter says components must be repaired.  So...how are the components repaired?  Details indicate that some components are not correctly configured.  How do you configure them?

I have this same situation.  Troubleshooter says components must be repaired.  So...how are the components repaired?  Details indicate that some components are not correctly configured.  How do you configure them?

The truth is: I don't know. If you know someone who can fix this problem please tell them. Thank you.

Just tried using the Media Creation Tool to reinstall Windows - it errored out indicating this PC is not able to be updated with the MCT.  

I have also tried reverting to a prior version of windows, no luck with that, the needed files have been removed.

I did restore the last backup which at least got me to a stable OS which is 1803 17134.1  However, updates are not being processed.  Last successful update on the system is from 6/17.

Chi ha questo problema?

Ci sono stati problemi durante l'installazione degli aggiornamenti, ma ci riproveremo più tardi. Se continui a vederlo e desideri effettuare ricerche sul web o contattare l'assistenza per informazioni, potrebbe essere utile: (0x8024a21e)

Ho provato un problema e riavviare il mio computer, ma ha ha aiutato e risolto il problema.

Spero che questo sarà risolto. E assicuriamoci che Microsoft vedrà che questo risolve il problema.

PS Ho anche il codice problema 0x800705b4 una volta l'altro giorno, quindi fino ad ora non posso aggiornare.

Ho anche io lo stesso problema: aggiornamenti bloccati al 4 maggio 2018

Ho anche un piccolo problema: le icone di avvio rapido nel pannello notifiche risultano inaccessibili (colore grigio chiaro). Spero che Microsoft elabori una soluzione specifica poiché lo stesso Supporto Microsoft mi ha consigliato un ripristino del sistema operativo senza applicazioni e files personali.

Update regarding the problem: (to all who experience this)

The troubleshoot has fixed the issue. Yes it did but still don't work at all. This happens to me until now.