Windows update deleted my MS office software

During one of the last system updates to windows my MS Office programs seem to have been deleted, How do I restore them?

Question Info

Last updated November 11, 2019 Views 1,827 Applies to:
Press Windows key + R
Type: winword
Hit Enter

Does Microsoft Word open?

If it does not...

Which version of Microsoft Office (2016,2013,2010,2007) or Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint etc. is it?

Open Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features
Scroll down to Microsoft Office
Select it
Click Change

Now, wait while the repair wizard starts up.

Choose the type of repair you would like to perform. Depending on the severity or availability of your Internet connection, you could try the first option, Quick Repair, which is much faster and tries to fix the problem without a data connection.

If that doesn’t resolve the problem, then go back and try the Online Repair option. For my particular issue, I ultimately had to use the Online Repair.

The repair process is straight-forward following the wizard. Note that you’ll need to save your work and close all Office programs first, and then click Repair.

Then wait while the repair process runs.

You will notice the repair experience is similar to a fresh installation. The amount of time it takes will depend on your connection speed and what the issue is.

You will see your Office apps light up in their respective colors while the repair completes.

Once the installation is complete, restart your computer just to be sure and launch your apps and verify if the problem you were having is resolved.
Best regards,
Andre Da Costa
Independent Advisor for Directly

8 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

What version of Office did you had Installed-365, 2013 or any older release?
Sumit

MVP Profile:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/profile/8b836f17-c1e9-4b5a-98cc-520ecfc08aaa

Visit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/feedback/forum for giving feedback on our support.

Sorry this didn't help.

hello DonaldClements1
First make sure that you haven't just lost the shortcuts for yor Office programs. If you click the Start button in Windows 10 and then start typing word, you should see Word in the list of search results. Right-click it and choose to pin it to the Start menu and/or the taskbar. Do the same with Excel and PowerPoint.

If that doesn't work, note that resetting the computer might mean that it was restored to state it was in before you first installed Office. If that is indeed what has happened, you will have to reinstall Office using your product key. You can download a backup from https://products.office.com/en-us/download-back....

https://products.office.com/en-us/download-back....

i hope it helps you

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Donald,

What version of Office was previously installed on your PC (2010, 2013, 2016 or Office 365)?

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

Sorry this didn't help.