Windows crashes with bluescreen - Last Change: KB3194496

I'm having a serious problem with my PC: 2days ago it stopped working - Bluescreen half way through the boot-process.

I reinstalled Windows and everything was fine again. I could play games, do office stuff, no worries.

This morning I find it sitting on the login-screen - obviously an update had been installed. But when I try to log in, it crashes with the same (meaningless Critixal_Process_Died) bluescreen it had 2 days ago.

Setup-Log shows that Windows installed KB3194496 at around 4am.

Whats really interesting: I cannot use the system restore because there are apparently no restore points, despite me changing nothing in this regard, sfc puts out errors when I run it from the command prompt and using safe mode to boot doesnt help either - Windows crashes at the exact same spot.

I think I can pretty much rule out Hardware-defects, as I was able to play ARK yesterday without problems for several hours.

Anyone have a solution or idea what else I could try?

Answer
Answer

We do need the actual log files (called a DMP files) as they contain the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

Please follow our instructions for finding and uploading the files we need to help you fix your computer. They can be found here
If you have any questions about the procedure please ask
Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 1, 2018 Views 116 Applies to: